Don't Shoot the Messenger. Type 2 is Reversible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I don't really care what our ancestors were or weren't doing. They were trying to survive day to day we are trying to live long happy lives and we have modern science to help up determine what nutrition is best for us now.
I find it interesting what they were doing. Modern science has failed us in trying to figure out what is a healthy diet. Or at least the official government dietary guidelines have.

Reactions: 4 people

Klang180

That's easy: increased processed food/sugar in the diet, the official dietary guidelines of high carb/low fat, and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle.
But fat intake in people's diet has been growing every year for the past 50yrs so regardless of these guidelines our fat intake has continued to rise.
I agree that processed foods can help cause obesity because they are so calorifically dense but heart disease is on the rise year after year because of saturated fat intake, which you would know if you followed "silly" studies like the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition which followed over 500k people over many years or the Harvards nurses study which contained 122,000 participants. Both of these studies concluded that higher saturated fat intake was associated with higher all round mortality and the more plant based you got the healthier you are. These are the two biggest studies ever conducted into nutrition, what do you possibly have that counter these?

Klang180

I find it interesting what they were doing. Modern science has failed us in trying to figure out what is a healthy diet. Or at least the official government dietary guidelines have.
I agree with you that the current government dietary guidelines don't go far enough. They recommend 70g fat for example for an average women or 32% calories from fat, far far too high.

Klang180

Oh and modern nutritional science is not confused about what is a healthy diet at all. Reductionist science has tried to boil it down to individual nutrients etc. but the consensus is definitely the more fruits and vegetables the better.

Klang180

Yes, they are crammed full of cherry-picked references. I happen to know that there are plenty of studies that have different results than the ones he uses.
They are peer reviewed double blind placebo controlled studies. Are your studies scientifically rigourous?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
They are peer reviewed double blind placebo controlled studies. Are your studies scientifically rigourous?
Please find for us a single diet study (i.e. not medication) that is a "double blind placebo controlled study".

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Right this thread is being closed and Giverny will decide tomorrow whether or not to reopen it, in the mean-time @Klang180 please refrain from starting any more threads where you question people's dietary choice, it is for the forum members to decide for themselves which diet they follow and whether it is healthy or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.