Are you pleased with your Pump?

cheche

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I am new to pumping, this is only my 5th week! I have the Medtronic Veo, and yes it is incredibly hard work at this early stage. If you have the choice I would definitely recommend you try it. Even at this early stage I don't want to go back to MDI, I love my pump because of the flexibility I know it will offer me. Good luck
Thank you. I'm hearing all good things so am feeling positive. It's just finding the right pump now. I'm glad your getting on ok and good luck with it. I thought the hard work with diabetes was over lol xx

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been IDD for 46 years, went on pump few years ago and would not go back to pens now (other then carrying them for emergencies). It takes a while to get used to it, for me around three months. I too was worried about being connected 24/7 with tubing and now its just second nature.

Trialled an Omnipod (for the hospital clinic as they were looking to add it to their range) and liked it but was already on the Combo and was not allowed to change over until I'd reached the 4 yr mark. Good news is it got added by hospital shortly after the trial.

Reactions: 2 people

Kerryachown

Hi there. I am a diabetic on insulin at the moment. I have had diabetes for 25 years. I have been to the hospital and say I fill the criteria for the insulin pump. I was just wondering what people thought of the pump and is it worth me going on it and if so what pump would you suggest. Thank you xx
I have just started on the pump after almost 20 years on the pen. Best thing I've ever done. Started in January on an animas pump. The hospital were going to put me on a medtronic pump. But I'd already invested in CGM and the animas pump can show the CGM data, rather than carry both units. Fantastic improvement. Life changing.

cheche

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys am finding this forum really helpful and it is putting my mind at ease. It looks like the way forward xx:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks guys am finding this forum really helpful and it is putting my mind at ease. It looks like the way forward xx:)

Get yourself a copy of the book Pumping Insulin by John Walsh & Ruth Roberts, I bought it pre-pump and read up all about pumps before changing over, its a fantastic read with loads of useful information and advice.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Insight Pump and its fantastic

iHs

I now have the Vibe pump and when the settings are correct, my bg levels stay ok. No pump is fantastic though as they all have their pros and cons with infusion sets and various settings to adjust. They depend very much on bg testing or cgm to get the best out of them

Poppy2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was looking at that one x
I didn't get the choice at my clinic, but I like the simplicity of the Medtronic Veo, and at this early stage of pumping suits me fine! Being attached, with the line doesn't bother me at all, and I now have mastered the art of positioning my pump based on what I am wearing!! I am only concious of not knocking or damaging it given its value!!£ so I place mine in a pump sock, this offers me a little piece of mind. I don't mind who does see it and I don't mind telling people what it is if they ask. Consider your lifestyle and follow guidance from other forum members about what aspects of the pumps they particularly like

cheche

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @cheche. I've been pumping for 4 years and there's no way I'd go back. Have used the Medtronic Veo for that time, but am moving to the Roche Insight on Monday.

Benefits of pumping: variable basal rates, it calculates how much insulin you need. Both these mean fewer hypos. You can put a temporary basal rate on - low for exercise, high for sick days.

Few cons: unhooking for sex, taking it off for going in the water, sometimes have the 'where do I keep it?' quandary if you're not wearing much.

Have found people curious and interested. Even many medical staff haven't seen one.

Do you have a choice of pumps? Where do you live?
Hi there am just wandering how you are getting on with your new pump?
Kellie
Sam

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Now? Gah... Just wrote out my response and app refused to post :(

cheche

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes. You started on the insight yesterday didn't you?
Kellie