Feeling a bit down today

Byambaa

Hi feeling a bit down today :( I’m pre diabetic and have been on a medium low carb diet for over a week and not lost any weight (I have cut my carbs down by well over half)PLEASE NO LONG DEBATES ABOUT HOW GOOD OR BAD LOW CARB DIETS ARE THIS ISN'T THE TIME OR PLACE. My wife who isn’t diabetic has lost 1.5kg eating the same as me. :? We go to the gym 3 times a week and do 45 minutes cardio, 20 minutes weights and 10 minutes abs & stretching each time. On top of that I ride to work and home a total of 15km per dayat a brisk pace 5 days a week I also walk to the shops twice a week a 20 minute walk each way. Every Saturday I take my mum (who is in a wheelchair) out and on average I walk 8km round the shops with her. So why isn’t the weight coming off?

Also last Friday I put an ordinary pair of socks on; today Wednesday I still have the ring around my ankle where the elastic was any ideas? Normally I wear socks without elastic as my feet have been going numb when I work out, I have told my nurse who just said to see the Dr it may be you circulation, but the next appointment isn’t until Friday.

sandymaynard

Hi
Some people lose inches before weight! Don't be disheartened by not losing weight!
we all feel down from time to time! We are all here for each other! There are times where we all need someone to talk to that is not family!
We all feel down from time to time! This is a safe place to be able to say how you feel!
Sandy

samcogle

Hi, you need to give your body a bit of time to adjust maybe. if you have a ring around your ankle still could you have slight water retention which would also explain the lack of weight loss?
I am still sticking to my 'diet' and have put on 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. It is disheartening but i am just going to contiue and am assuming that as i lost a stone in the month before my body is just sorting itself out and will begin to lose weight again.
Good luck and stick with it x

Byambaa

That what I like about this site, :D you guys are always there for each other encouraging when down sharing when up. For god sake keep up this much needed work. :!:

sandymaynard

Hi samcogle,
I gained 5lbs the other week, Then i lost it this month! Don't worry about it! you will lose it again! You have the will power!

Hi byambaa,
You will find we are a friendly lot! I don't bite that often now! Only when someone offer's me chocolate then i bite the hand that feeds me!Lol.
I hope you are feeling a little better now!
Sandy

peppiB

If it is any help, I lost 4 inches off my waist before I lost any weight at all. 3 months on and I have lost over a stone - it just takes time for some people. :D

Parselmouth

My weight seems to be going up and down randomly, although I don't think I'm eating much differently from one day to the next. I think that may be a water retention problem.