prescription issues!

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I just had a very unsuccessful trip to the chemist. I requested, online a repeat of my metformin and some amlopidine for my Raynauds. Now i ran out of the amlopidine and was desperate for it. so i popped down there tonight thinking it would be there......,.no. The amlopidine hasn't been prescribed, the receptionist across the way at the docs says i can go back tomorrow for it, its just a pain, literally! And the SR metformin that they had made up for me was glucophage......the one brand that makes me feel like throwing up every hour.......then I'm told they're having trouble getting hold of SR metformin! Great.....hope they get some in the next week!

At least I'm home and can warm up now.

anyone else having trouble with SR metformin supplies?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I had a problem with the 500mg tablets this week.
I settled for 1000mg and cut them in half.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I didnt think you were meant to break them?

Janiept

Expert
I had exactly the same experience yesterday. I went to the pharmacists to collect the usual monthly repeats only to be told they hadn't been passed across by my GP.
So I trundled across to the surgery and spoke to the receptionist who told me that GP was doing a medication review on Friday.
Fine. So, my medications ran out yesterday and they won't review until Friday and meanwhile what am I supposed to do? Grrr :banghead:

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Frustrating isn't it. I don't normally go down to town and made a special trip only cos I needed the one I'd run out of. Now gotta go back tomorrow and then another time as well for the Metformin.

Reactions: 2 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Well i still haven't received any metformin. The chemists are going to call me when they get some in. Least i still have some left. I have cut down from 3 to 2 to last a bit longer.

TheFish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not had any problems with mine as of yet but because I work away from home I tend to get 2/3 months worth at a time

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a problem getting Glucophage SR last month, my husband went to three supermarkets with pharmacies, none of them had any. He called into surgery saw receptionist and told her. My GP called him back said his staff had rung round and only one pharmacy in our town had any and only generic.

GP hadn't been told about the supply problem by the CCG and no other patients had told him either but thankfully husband was able to rush over pick up prescription for the alternative and go get it.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've soccasionally given a different brand - my normal one is Metabet, but I'm sometimes given Glucophage instead, but always with a note from the pharmacist explaining why. When I had an issue with another, different brand, I discussed this with our pharmacist, and she noted this on my records, so hopefully I won't ever be given that one again.

@Janiept - I often can't get a timely appointment (usually because I remember too late:wideyed:) with my very elusive GP at review time. I put a note on my repeat request saying I have an appointment pending, and still always get my meds.

Robbity