Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Lorraine ... your Crystal Tipps avatar takes me back. Wow, you do get about and I admire how you accept the challenge of your diet and your positive outlook. I'll tag @daisy1 to give you her basket of goodies (advice) for starters and there are other veggies, sorry, vegetarians here who will tell you of their experiences. Welcome.

Reactions: 4 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@LozMcC

Hello Lorraine and welcome to the forum :) Have a read of the basic advice at the link in my signature where you will find all sorts of useful information. Ask as many questions as you need to and someone will help.

Reactions: 2 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck at the doctor's, but don't be put off if you are told not to test and refused a meter and strips on prescription. This is normal in the NHS for type 2's. Most of us buy our own and ignore the "no need to test" lecture.

That is exactly what I was told Bluetit. Got told because I was
borderline, that I didn't need to check my levels, as I will know
in time what foods will send it high. :mad:
So I downloaded the book GI& GL and that has been very
enlightening as to what I was eating, and to what I shall be
eating in the future. And I'm going to buy my own glucose
Machine and test each day. Twice I've seen the doc in the
last month and not once have I been offered to see the nurse
in charge of the diabetic clinic. But as I've been reading here
I'm glad that I haven't. I have another fasting blood test in
April. I hope to get the proper print off instead of the
print off he gave me following the glucose tolerance test!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Amanda61

Hello Amanda and welcome to the forum :) If you look at my signature you will see a link to the information we give to new members and I think you will find it useful. Ask all the questions you want and someone will be able to help.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How rude of me, I never even introduced myself properly.

- Include a photo here if you wish to - see profile pic. I'm not usually that blurry in real life, although it has been known.
- What is your name? - Carols Fandango. Ha ha ha, no, of course it isn't. My real name is Jeremy Sparklepants
- How old are you? - 43. Why thank you, yes, I don't look it, do I? You're very kind.
- Are you male or female? - Yes
- Which country are you from? - UK, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, England, Britain, GB, that one just below Scotland.
- Which city/area do you live in? - I live in the cityarea of London.
- Are you religious? - In absolutely no way at all. So help me God.
- Pick three words to describe your personality - id, ego, superego
- Do you have any pets? - I keep things in cages, but I wouldn't call them 'pets', exactly. 'Experiments', maybe.
- Microsoft or Apple? - Neither. Amstrad all the way, baby.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? - Tennis, golf, tenpin bowling, canoeing, skydiving, table tennis, wakeboarding, cycling. I love my Wii.
- Do you get angry easily? - HOW DARE YOU ASK ME THAT??!!
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? - I have a tattoo on my piercing.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands - this is literally impossible.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? - see above
- What is your favourite flag? - "I've never figured out the advantage of living in Switzerland, although I guess the flag's a big plus".
- Ever gone camping? - Yup. I even have a campervan.
- Ever been in love? - Are you coming on to me?
- Ever used fake tan? - Are you coming on to me?
- Which countries have you visited? - Just Switzerland, because I heard that the flag is etc etc.
- Favourite city? - I don't like to have a favourite city because i find all the other cities get very jealous.
- List your five favourite TV programmes. - No, shan't.
- List your five favourite films - this also is literally impossible
- Are you wealthy? - beyond the dreams of avarice, yes.
- Do you work? If so, as what? - i do work yes. But you can bet I'll break down just after my guarantee runs out.
- List the subjects you study/have studied - making lists, studying the making of lists, list study, and 'how to make lists - an easy study'.
- What do you like most about yourself? - my vast and almost endless amount of money, my god-like physique and all of the amazing work i do for charity.
- What do you like least about yourself? - my urge to compulsively lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How rude of me, I never even introduced myself properly.

- Include a photo here if you wish to - see profile pic. I'm not usually that blurry in real life, although it has been known.
- What is your name? - Carols Fandango. Ha ha ha, no, of course it isn't. My real name is Jeremy Sparklepants
- How old are you? - 43. Why thank you, yes, I don't look it, do I? You're very kind.
- Are you male or female? - Yes
- Which country are you from? - UK, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, England, Britain, GB, that one just below Scotland.
- Which city/area do you live in? - I live in the cityarea of London.
- Are you religious? - In absolutely no way at all. So help me God.
- Pick three words to describe your personality - id, ego, superego
- Do you have any pets? - I keep things in cages, but I wouldn't call them 'pets', exactly. 'Experiments', maybe.
- Microsoft or Apple? - Neither. Amstrad all the way, baby.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? - Tennis, golf, tenpin bowling, canoeing, skydiving, table tennis, wakeboarding, cycling. I love my Wii.
- Do you get angry easily? - HOW DARE YOU ASK ME THAT??!!
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? - I have a tattoo on my piercing.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands - this is literally impossible.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? - see above
- What is your favourite flag? - "I've never figured out the advantage of living in Switzerland, although I guess the flag's a big plus".
- Ever gone camping? - Yup. I even have a campervan.
- Ever been in love? - Are you coming on to me?
- Ever used fake tan? - Are you coming on to me?
- Which countries have you visited? - Just Switzerland, because I heard that the flag is etc etc.
- Favourite city? - I don;t like to have a favourite city because i fins all the other cities get very jealous.
- List your five favourite TV programmes. - No, shan't.
- List your five favourite films - this is literally impossible
- Are you wealthy? - beyond the dreams of avarice, yes.
- Do you work? If so, as what? - i do work yes. But you can bet I'll break down just after my guarantee runs out.
- List the subjects you study/have studied - making lists, studying the making of lists, list study, and 'how to make lists - an easy study'.
- What do you like most about yourself? - my vast and almost endless amount of money, my god-like physique and all of the amazing work i do for charity.
- What do you like least about yourself? - my urge to compulsively lie.
Lol

starrry

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
Mark
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
Male
- Which country are you from?
United Kingdom
- Which city/area do you live in?
St.Helens
- Are you religious?
No
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
Witty.... Caring... Easy going
- Do you have any pets?
2 Bearded Dragons... 1 Corn Snake
- Microsoft or Apple?
Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
Wrestling on tele...
- Do you get angry easily?
Yes
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
Ear pieced...
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
Jean Michel Jarre... UB40... Black Sabbath... Aerosmith... White Snake..

- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
Rock..... Electric
- What is your favourite flag?
Union Jack
- Ever gone camping?
No
- Ever been in love?
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
No
- Which countries have you visited?
Wales and Scotland
- Favourite city?
Kettering
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
Extant... The Orginals... Broadchurch... Bates Motel.... 12 Monkeys...
- List your five favourite films.
Platoon, Pet ventura, Paul, Evil Dead.. Hellraiser..
- Are you wealthy?
No
- Do you work? If so, as what?
No
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
Don't really study anything
- What do you like most about yourself?
Nothing
- What do you like least about yourself?
Everything

shekindevon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi how do I reply to the question, do I reply to every question I think I must be tired as im not getting it sorry

Barbja

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?

Have fun!
Hi everyone.

My name is Marc. I'm a type 1 diabetic and was diagnosed in 1995, so this year is my 20 anniversary. I'm also 40 this year!

I'm a keen cyclist and I ride between 500-600 miles month. I no longer compete at any level but enjoy challenging myself and getting out there still. This obviously provides extra challenges with my diabetes but it's laegly under control. Now.

I started on a ketogenic diet 8 weeks ago and although I have a few minor things to iron out, I'm doing really well and I'm very happy with my new BG readings and general control. Due to my athletic lifestyle I'd been a 'carb loader' and stumbled across the LCHF lifestyle initially as I was looking to improve my endurance on the bike. It slowly dawned on me that it would also greatly benefit my diabetes control too.

For most of my time as a diabetic life I've been in a sort of denial about my condition. I refused to let it stop me from
doing anything. I spent 10 years travelling to remote areas of the world in places like Indonesia, Africa, Sri Lanka etc. in hindsight I was a bad diabetic and my BG were often wildly out of control.

Now, mainly thanks to beginning LCHF, I have read widely on the subject of diabetes and now have a much greater understanding.

Hopefully I can offer some help to members here and I'm sure I'll have a million and one questions too!

Barbja

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone.

My name is Marc. I'm a type 1 diabetic and was diagnosed in 1995, so this year is my 20 anniversary. I'm also 40 this year!

I'm a keen cyclist and I ride between 500-600 miles month. I no longer compete at any level but enjoy challenging myself and getting out there still. This obviously provides extra challenges with my diabetes but it's laegly under control. Now.

I started on a ketogenic diet 8 weeks ago and although I have a few minor things to iron out, I'm doing really well and I'm very happy with my new BG readings and general control. Due to my athletic lifestyle I'd been a 'carb loader' and stumbled across the LCHF lifestyle initially as I was looking to improve my endurance on the bike. It slowly dawned on me that it would also greatly benefit my diabetes control too.

For most of my time as a diabetic life I've been in a sort of denial about my condition. I refused to let it stop me from
doing anything. I spent 10 years travelling to remote areas of the world in places like Indonesia, Africa, Sri Lanka etc. in hindsight I was a bad diabetic and my BG were often wildly out of control.

Now, mainly thanks to beginning LCHF, I have read widely on the subject of diabetes and now have a much greater understanding.

Hopefully I can offer some help to members here and I'm sure I'll have a million and one questions too!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Hi my name is barb, I have been type 2 for 15 years.

I am new to this forum, I just thought I could deal with this on my own! Wrong, I do need to talk to other people.

I am retired now, not yet but ber the hill but retired in 2012 on health grounds, my stres

Ask questions Barb ....... anything .....

You are amongst some really good people.

mike

Barbja

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi mike

Thank you. I am hoping to be able to get grips with this, my first 'chatroom' experience.

I have signed up for the hypo awareness course, which was perhaps my first admission that I am diabetic and not alone in this.

I am looking forward to being part of this group.

Barb

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You'll be good ... you will NOT believe the help I've got and you're about to experience the same :)

You are a T2? Yes ?

What's your diet and your BS figures presuming you test?

Stick around ..... MANY people here to lean on. Count me as one of them :)

Mike :)

Reactions: 4 people

Barbja

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mike, thank you.

Yes, I am t2 but my go says I don't need to test, so I gave up doing it. Apparently, it is not necessary as I am not on insulin, just meteor on 2 x 500 twice a day and glimiperide 2mg 1 x day.

My last Hb1ac was up at 6"7 but I know why, too much time in Norfolk and not watching what I ate!

One question, when you were diagnosed, were you given the 'give up smoking, coke, sugar etc' talk? I was and the worst thing was I gave up smoking in 1985, sugar in about 1965 along with coke. My other half was there and said, for me but she doesn't do any of those.

Assuming you do or did work, did you have work friends watching you eat chocolate and giving you a lecture or tutting at you? In my case, it was an ex nurse, who I had to show a web page showing how things had changed!

Oh well. I guess it happens to everyone.

Barb