Gold Medal

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What a lovely surprise :)
Well done, you deserve it ! I think it's inspirational for newly and comparatively newly diagnosed people to know that the Big D Beest can be managed and it's not all doom and gloom :)

I look forward to your photo:D

Signy

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Do you get the choice of just getting the medal through the post or can it be presented to you by someone in DUK say, they seem to make a bigger thing of it in America when someone reaches the 50 year mark.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine just came in the post.
Yay you ! :D Congratulations !

Signy
Edited to add " whenever it was you received it " ;):rolleyes: I read your post incorrectly and thought you had yours today too. But the sentiment still stands :D

scoyyt57

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you everybody :). Yes I do feel it would be nice for a bit more fuss to be made. Perhaps a presentation with newly diagnosed diabetics present to let them see you can live healthily and happily with Type 1 :):D

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thank you everybody :). Yes I do feel it would be nice for a bit more fuss to be made. Perhaps a presentation with newly diagnosed diabetics present to let them see you can live healthily and happily with Type 1 :):D

Great suggestion :)

I'm sure newbies to the forum who are concerned for the future will take some comfort by what you, yingtong, Carbsrok and others have achieved, well done all of you.

Reactions: 4 people