Are you in danger of overdose?

Lynda Kay

IN OUR NEWS

Fatal overdose with prescription drugs exceeds deaths from overdose of cocaine or heroin combined.

Sleep aides, anti-depressants and anti-histamines are on the list.

Nutrition is the key.....

Happy Trails,
Proverbs 17:22

lionrampant

Anyone have a herbal cure for cat allergies? I'm pretty sure taking antihistamines every time I visit my friend's flat isn't helping my kidneys/liver given the diabetic abuse they already take. :eek:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
lionrampant said:
Anyone have a herbal cure for cat allergies? I'm pretty sure taking antihistamines every time I visit my friend's flat isn't helping my kidneys/liver given the diabetic abuse they already take. :eek:

Can't you get desensitization for cat allergy?

Ashland

Dislikes
Constantly being asked if I'm okay! (does this happen to you?)
Desensitized = allergy resistant, sort of. Your body finally figures out there's no point overreacting to this clearly harmless substance.

You can't ever get desensitized to cat allergies, as the thing you are allergic to (the Guard Hairs in the fur) have a different chemical make-up in every individual cat because each cat has a different set of genes, so they're not all clones of each other...(same goes for hayfever I believe)

But - Lion ( :? what an odd name for someone with cat allergies :p ) if you get to a local herbal medicine store called Dr&Herbs, they'll be able to sort you out with some herbal tea. Possibly along with a course of acupuncture too, but they stress that this is by no means neccessary.

Pretty much they will ask what symptoms you get, possibly do a test on a hair/some skin of yours to see what else you're allergic to, and then give you a large bag of leaves and bark and things - looks like the sweepings of a forest floor. You'll be really really sceptical when you see it. Anyway you boil it up, sieve out the bits and drink twice a day. Tastes horrible. I used to put sugar in mine...which is a shame, considering.

But it works :D one course of about three months completely cured my cat allergy And hayfever about three years ago. Try it out!

Katharine

One of the funniest things I ever heard was that people allergic to cat hairs should shampoo their cat every two weeks.

This was bona fide medical advice.

Having tried this for genuine reasons eg cat up to his armpits in mud I can only advise that the person giving the advice had obviously never tried it.

Ashland

Dislikes
Constantly being asked if I'm okay! (does this happen to you?)
Shampoo...their cat :shock:
This clearly proves vets Do know more than doctors. I feel so sorry for anyone who tried this for any length of time.
On the other hand, if you're allergic, don't get a cat and you won't have to shampoo it OR sneeze.
So off-topic. Sorry :oops:

lionrampant

Katharine said:
One of the funniest things I ever heard was that people allergic to cat hairs should shampoo their cat every two weeks.

This was bona fide medical advice.

Having tried this for genuine reasons eg cat up to his armpits in mud I can only advise that the person giving the advice had obviously never tried it.

Well, it'd be a laugh if nothing else... :D

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You could try these, "New Era H Hayfever and Allergic Rhinitis". I think they are homeopathic and you can get them on the highstreet. I used to take them for my hayfever and for my cat allergy when I visited my mum, dad and their cat Tom Tom(sadly now up in the sky :( ). I actually grew up with cats and never had a problem until I left home.