So fed up

kat1989

Me again :(

Just when i thought i was getting hold of my diabetes i feel asif ive learnt nothing and going backwards.
I was diagnosed september last year and thought i had jt under control but the last week the amount of hypos ive had are unreal,i had one at dinner,tea and bed and the same the next day :(
Im doing exactly what consultant told me the carbs counting cut back in my morning insulin(lantus) halfing my dinner insulin(apidra) and takig normal for tea.
Im so fed up and feel like im doing everything wrong

C

catherinecherub

Hi @kat1989,

I am sure others know how you are feeling. You do your best and yet good control seems to elude you and it seems you are never going to get it right.

I will bump your post up so that some Type1s can help you.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Ive had Diabetes for over 40 years Kat and this still happens to me, just continue to try and get it controlled and I,m sure you will get there

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi kat
awww! [[hugs]] . it is so frustrating when you are doing everything right and the results dont tally.
and hypos are never much fun :(
i know it may not seem much consolation to you but i have been there and all i wanted to do was scream.

the most important thing is to have the scream and then get back on the horse (so to speak)
there are so many factors that can affect your numbers such as stress , illness, actual carbohydrate content , timing .
your insulin needs can change as well and with you being recently diagnosed your pancreas may have decided to kick in and do a bit of insulin production ( honeymoon period).

just try and relax and take it 1 day at a time and don't worry about it as much as you are able.
it will get better - and remember we are all in this together :)

Reactions: 2 people

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The same thing happened to me around the same time! I was diagnosed in August and around 4 weeks ago I have atlesst 20 hypos in 20 days even though everything I done was exactly the same. Not sure if there is a connection or not but I just lowered my langue by a few units and it was back to 'normal' in a week or so :)

It may be annoying but the needs are constantly changing, I guess it's one way to keep you on your toes!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry you're having a hard time - it could simply be down to your honeymoon period as you may be aware already, once you settle into a routine the pancreas relaxes with regular insulin and may start squirting a bit more out than usual, it's whilst its under stress that it under performs.

Be easy on yourself, keep your jelly babies/glucogel/lucozade close by, test test test and it will get better, this is temporary and use your DSN for support, that's what they are there for ;)

kat1989

Thanks everyone been and saw my dietician today and shes told me not to be so hard on myself as im still learning and does look like my body is honeymooning so she said they would be unsettled for abit,but its all the process told me id be put on a dafne course once my body has settled down.
Nice to know im not the only one that has bad days and i could easily scream and lock myaelf away but guess its something i will get used to in time.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everyone been and saw my dietician today and shes told me not to be so hard on myself as im still learning and does look like my body is honeymooning so she said they would be unsettled for abit,but its all the process told me id be put on a dafne course once my body has settled down.
Nice to know im not the only one that has bad days and i could easily scream and lock myaelf away but guess its something i will get used to in time.
Hope things have got a little better for you @kat1989 and you've had less hypos.
If there is no real pattern to it then as others have said it is likely that it is just your honeymoon period :(

dan12321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was having hypos all the time in the first year too, its most likely just the honeymoon period, its so fustrating cause its out of your control and so unpredictable, but it will get better as your pancreas packs in all together. I also think that most type 1s who are newly diagnosed are very sensitive to insulin, most likely because there body has became used to not much, and when its suddenly introduced its abit of a shock to the system.