another newbie

cm1976

HI there

I am a mum of a type 1 diabetic who is 8yrs old and has been diagnosed for 4yrs
I also have a very awkward wont b told type 2 grandmother !lol! Dont know what is worse?!?!?!

Just want to say a quick hello and hope to meet some other parents of a diabetic child and even grandchildren of nightmare nannas!!

love to all
CM x

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi CM.
Welcome.

Take a good look around the forum and ask any questions you wish. There are a number of parent of Diabetic children around and I am sure as soon as they see your post they will arrive and introduce themselves.

Ken.

cm1976

thanks Ken

Just been having a nosey round the youth club and seen a few helpful posts already - looking forward to using this fab resource for my little man and meeting a few new people too!!

x

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya cm and a warm welcome to the forum :D

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Hi CM, I'm Jenny and have 2 boys (2.5 yr old diabetic who also has Down syndrome and a 14 yr old).

Kids are hard as they don't really tell you or pay attention to how they are feeling. I really dislike the 2am checks but can wake up in a panic and go and check him even when I probably don't need to. We've had a bit of a rough patch and spent a couple of nights in hospital as he has been quite unwell. It is coming into Winter here in Australia and the colds and flu's are hitting one after the other.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Jen.

cm1976

Hi Jenny thanks for your post

Sounds like life is even more challenging for you! Difficult enough with lo being only 2 1/2 without the diabetes and downs too!

Looking forward to sharing the good and the bad!!

CM X