Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
It does sound like it is, doesn't it? Hope that's all it is, as said in PM.

Still it's nasty and not something nice to get. You will need anti-biotics, so make sure you visit the GP, won't you.
Hi scottie, just got back from guys , good news cancer gone just infection now,put me on 4 week course of antibiotics,::))

Reactions: 15 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Grouse :) Terrific news Clive
When the consultant told me the bits they removed were benign and the 32 biopsy's had revealed ....infection, i was so relieved: phew, thanks to you guys for your support and good wishes,means a lot ,:))'^

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Scottie,
Hope you and the family are feeling a bit better.

I saw you mentioned getting a recipe for crustless quiche... Here is the one I use:

3 eggs
7oz cheese grated
1/4 pt of milk
7oz of bacon
1 small onion
1oz butter

Finely chop the onion and chop the bacon and fry in the butter
While they are cooking beat the eggs and milk, then add the grated cheese, season and mix together
Put the bacon and onions into a flan dish and top with the cheese,egg & milk mix

Cook at 200 degrees (180 if fan assisted) for 20-25 mins until set - it may take longer depending on your oven

That's the basic recipe - I swap the milk for double cream and swap the bacon for whatever I fancy... At the moment I am liking ham or salmami. I use a silicon large muffin tray (does 6 in total) which I got from Amazon - this mixture makes 4 quiches. I also cook mine twice, because I like mine a bit firmer. So once they have cooled down so I can take them out of the tray - I stick them back in the oven on a low heat for 15 mins.

I keep them in the fridge and eat mine cold.... Although they are nice reheated also

Reactions: 7 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Chest infection and sore throat but the antibiotics starting to kick in.
I'm so happy your results came back with the best news.
I hope your kidney infection clears quickly and your back on form x

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Chest infection and sore throat but the antibiotics starting to kick in.
I'm so happy your results came back with the best news.
I hope your kidney infection clears quickly and your back on form x
Amazing what a bit of good news can do , feeling better already thanks lorraine , get better soon,::))

Reactions: 2 people
M

mojo37

Bloods 7.8 this am 40g of porridge soya milk and cinnamon for brekie ...4 mile walk and bloods down to 4.8 ..so the walk must have done something :)

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
We haven't heard from @scottie1 since yesterday...

I have to say that I am still concerned that after all these posts and Scottie trying to get appointments that @scottie1 should be our main concern here....bloods are still far too high after this amount of time.. And not able to get an appointment.

Scottie -please tell your GP's that you have tried to get appointments and that you need to be classified now as an "acute" appointment or "emergency" appointment as your inability to get yourself an appointment previously is causing you secondary worrying signs.
If necessary please write details to your Practice Manager and also ask for a phone back appointment call if that is all they can offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
This post was first started on 05/02/15.... Yes, levels have come down, but they are still double or triple what they should be running at..this is 5 weeks on. Personally, I don't think that is acceptable....

Lots of friendly banter but no real help towards approach to getting Scottie to levels that are acceptable for good health and wellbeing....