Don't you just hate that!!

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I rang the doctors to get the results of my latest HbA1C test. It's a 3 month review to see how I am getting on since they lowered my metformin dose. The Receptionist tells me, sorry there is a note on the file to say the doctor wants to see you - but its none urgent so you don't need to worry. The diabetic Dr is not available until April - I said I cant wait that long - so I now have an appointment with another doctor for the 16th March. I asked if she could still give me the result over the phone but she said no I would need to wait to discuss this with the Dr.

So now I am left wondering if it is it higher or lower than my last test which was 48. Don't you just HATE that!!

Kezzer

Reactions: 2 people

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
YES. So annoying. Last time I asked for a doctor - any doctor - to call back for a telephone consult. That way I only had to wait two days instead of a couple weeks for the "earth shattering" news (which was so NOT "earth shattering" that I cannot remember what it was). :)

Monday12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's really annoying Kezzer. It's your body, it was your blood that was tested and they've no right to withhold the information from you, Damned cheek!

Reactions: 3 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats how it is Kezzer,
May be go in to the surgery and just ask for the result, may be they can tell you.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
i used to get receptionists trying the "The doctor hasn't reviewed this yet"! I quietly smile and teller i have no objection to the doc reviewing them but I require the results for elsewhere so please print them out now!

Reactions: 6 people

Janiept

Expert
i used to get receptionists trying the "The doctor hasn't reviewed this yet"! I quietly smile and teller i have no objection to the doc reviewing them but I require the results for elsewhere so please print them out now!
And do they print them out for you there and then @CollieBoy ?
I had this last week and the receptionist said she had to ask for GP's permission to give me a print out, after asking me why I wanted a copy and, as my GP only works 2 days a week, I have to make another trip to the surgery if she deigns to give her permission. Grrr.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well this Saturday my surgery has a diabetic coffee morning - it's the first one they have done.... I'm gonna ask the diabetic Dr why I can't get my results lol. They might not invite me again after this :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You are entitled to a print out of your results. Normally receptionists will give to the person that they relate to (not a relative requesting them)

Richard871

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality tv
I had exactly the same on diagnosis. Phone call out the blue from a blood test wouldn't say why. I go into mega worry mode and ask for a telephone appointment. When called back later and said "you're type 2 diabetic " I replied "is that all?"
The grief and worry thinking it was something worse. (yes I know it's not to be taken lightly) but living with it for 20+ years with my mother being diabetic I didn't respond how he expected me to. But I do sympathise with you. Doctor surgery receptionists are the one creature that gets me grinding my teeth lol. It's not worth losing it with them. They have to have the lowest happy happy joy joy jobs always dealing with sick and grumpy people, justifiably as we all are when we become ill. Worth bearing in mind. I hit em with a big smile no matter what gets em off guard.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kezzer4321 are you still waiting for the results?
did you go to the surgery to ask if they could tell you on the face

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Kezzer4321 are you still waiting for the results?
did you go to the surgery to ask if they could tell you on the face
Hi Brettsza,
I went in on my way home from work and the receptionist told me I needed to wait until I've seen the dr and he would give me a print out. She said that if there had been no note from the dr she would have been able to print them for me.

stueyt83

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my diabetic nurse rang me this morning to give me my results don't know if its just ours that does it

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok now I am really annoyed..and worried.. ok more annoyed than anything. lol

I just got a call from the Surgery telling me that they need to change the date that I see the Dr for my results - as I need to see a Dr who specialize in diabetes because its about my diabetes control!!! Why cant they just tell me the blinking result and put me out of my misery!!! The not knowing is driving me nuts... is it bad, is it good... grrrrrrrrr its enough to get my BS rising.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd ask for a preliminary phone conversation with someone just to put your mind at rest.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with cold ethyl. I had my a1c done and I called the surgery they said the doc needs to download it before we can see it. I don't know when he or she will download it and when I will get the results. Or I have to make an appointment to see the gp which isn't going to be before 2 weeks

Janiept

Expert
That;s infuriating isn't it Kezzer and I would be spitting bullets if it was me. I agree with the others that it's a good idea to make an appt for a telephone chat to put your mind at rest.

Farmpa78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have the same trouble, they won't tell you the results over the phone, end up having to either see the Doc or getting a telephone appointment, but saying that this last time did eventually get a email with the results after asking the question.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks guys, I've just called and asked for a phone consultation... the receptionist will call me back if she manages to get me one... talk about being fobbed off... I'm at a diabetic coffee morning at the surgery tomorrow - the invite says "Please come along and have your questions answered about our diabetic services and how they can benefit you as a patient." So we shall see what the team says.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I think the forum is a place where you could get a lot of questions together and they will only keep answering your questions all day long :)