Hi a question about low carb...

sandymaynard

Hi everybody,
A question about low carb!
I have started for the last couple of months since feb or march eating a low carb diet!
I am wondering if i am doing things right!
Typical breakfast.. 1 egg, 1 slice of bacon, small bottle of water.
Lunch... maybe a cheese salad,
evening meal, lemon chicken,or home made beefburgers, or curry with out rice!
i don't eat any salad cream or mayo!
I was just wondering if this is okay, not and again i will have a snack of maybe quater of apple and some macedania nuts or something like that!
My question is this okay for low carb?
I have been exercising as well, thing is i have gained 5lbs in weight now i had lost over 22lbs since march! This seems a bit extreme the weight gain! I just don't understand why, I have been doing so well! i thought that by following the low carb and the exercising it would help!
Sandy

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sandy, your diet sounds perfect to me!

Maybe the weight gain is down to the exercise, I think it's quite common to gain weight at first whilst exercising, something to do with muscle I guess. Are you going to a gym? If so maybe you could speak with a personal trainer?

Jessie. x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
that seems like a healthy diet. However if you make your own mayo without any sugar, you can have that. If you don't knoww how to make it, Pm me and I'll tell you

peppiB

I lost weight through low carb, but my exercise level was low (just swimming) as I am disabled and cant walk far / run etc.

The girl I look after is on an identical diet and at first she gained weight as she also started doing gym work and fat turned to muscle, which is heavier. 8 weeks on she is now starting to lose weight, 3 lbs in the past week.

sandymaynard

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your ansewers, I am pushing myself to eat what i am could not eat anymore in a day!
Hi peppi b,
I can't do alot of exercising as it makes my ashma worse! sorry maybe got spelling wrong! My knees give out! Have managed to do gentle exercise as well as some swimming!
Hi hanadr,
I did not know that mayo had sugar in it! But i don't have mayo except if i have tuna whitch is once every couple of months! I treat that as a treat! A tuna mayo with sweetcorn salad! yum!
Sandy

peppiB

Hi Sandy - a fellow diabetic asthmatic! I have to use salbutamol before going in the water and then again as soon as I come out. I think it must be the chlorine in the atmosphere in the pools that trigger asthma attacks. It has taken them 14 months to sort of stabilise my asthma generally, albeit recently I did suffer a severe attack when I was unable to breathe :shock: :shock: Although I can't walk, I can actually ride a bike :shock: Sadly for nearly a year now it has sat lovingly ignored at the back of the garage (I was quite poorly for a few months so unable to ride) If this weather keeps up, it will be back in use next week (I am away this week)

sandymaynard

Hi Peepib,
Because my knees can't take much strain, and suffering seizures not allowed to be in control of bike!
Last time i came off my bike straight into the main road having a seizure, luckly there was a kind person knocking around and called my fiancee and he came and got me!
I had broken my ankle from the fall! So have since been banned! I liked my bike, but life is good at mo! Sort of!
I have to carry my inhalers around! It is not funny when i have not got them and i start!
Hope you enjoy going away!
Sandy