Good HbA1c Results

Farmpa78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Was diagnosed with type 2 last June and my HbA1c was 94 then, have changed my diet and became more active, was put on Metformin to help control it, Novembers results were down to 42, and last months came back at 37 so now have been taken off the Metformin yay. Lost about 6 stone in weight, so hopefully my new diet and exercise will keep these good results coming, felt I needed to share this as feeling very happy on getting this news today.

Reactions: 23 people
K

Kat100

Hello, that is wonderful , congratulations ....
Glad you shared , and wonderful news on your weight loss ....best wishes ..Kat

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Farmpa78, thats really great news on the HbA1c, but to lose that weight is also tremendous, you gotta be proud of yourself and feeling like a new person. Well done.
Have you Low Carb High Fat or what?
Neil

Reactions: 2 people

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, well done....

My last and first HbAc1 was 101, super high. I'm hoping to follow the same road as you, been LCHFing hard and looking forward to my next HbAc1 in Apr!

Farmpa78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
On a diet that works for me, I have cut down on carbs but not to very low levels just try and stay below 250g of carbs all day, tend to try and have 2 days a week at a max of about 170g of carbs, not on a high fat diet as still on meds to get my blood pressure in normal range. I got to know by testing that as long as I don't eat more than 100g of carbs in a meal that my levels stay within range. I expect I will get lots of reply's now saying that eating that amount of carbs are too high for them, it's all about finding what works for you and sticking to it.

Reactions: 4 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's brilliant, well done! :cool: I'm jealous! ;)

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done you've done so well, you should be really proud of yourself, certainly gives me hope :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those are seriously impressive results. Well done!

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow those are excellent results... I am jealous in the nicest possible way :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
On a diet that works for me, I have cut down on carbs but not to very low levels just try and stay below 250g of carbs all day, tend to try and have 2 days a week at a max of about 170g of carbs, not on a high fat diet as still on meds to get my blood pressure in normal range. I got to know by testing that as long as I don't eat more than 100g of carbs in a meal that my levels stay within range. I expect I will get lots of reply's now saying that eating that amount of carbs are too high for them, it's all about finding what works for you and sticking to it.

Thats great Farmpa78 I managed to lose 4 stone in my first year and managed to come off the insulin I was prescribed and a further stone in the following few years as I had obviously also lost a lot of my insulin resistance. Never underestimate the power of weight loss for improved bg control.

I cant eat quite as much carb as you but we are all different despite what some people here well say.

A great story which should be an inspiration for those who need to lose weight, congratulations.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow - 250g carbs a day; that's almost what I was on before I was diagnosed and nearly ten times what I consume today. But I guess we are all different and my first diagnosis HbA1c was quite a bit lower than yours and lower still three months later. But I'm impressed with your weight loss and latest HbA1c, well done. Do you have much more weight to lose? Are you hoping to be diabetes free? Are you on any medication?

Farmpa78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes still planning to keep losing weight, Doctor wants us to get down to 14 stone, so have another stone to lose but going by all the bmi charts I could get down to 12 stone, so we will see. I am now off the Metformin that I was on but still on Ramipril to lower blood pressure, but think it won't be long and should be ok to stop taking that too, blood pressure is fine at home but when I see the Doctor it goes sky high,

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Well done and congratulations.