my pump appointment

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have my pump now :) yes I no its a big responsibility but it's the best option for me

Niecie

Fantastic! Hope you notice a difference right away, I don't find it hard to use but others do , was at hosp yesterday reading in oct was 79 reading yesterday was 61! So very effective, keep at it im sure you won't be disappointed :) x

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
I have my pump now :) yes I no its a big responsibility but it's the best option for me

Hey @badbrogs21

Congratulations, that's great news; I'm happy for you.

Which pump have you obtained and how are you finding things?

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
I so hope you realise the management that a pump takes otherwise you are seriously not going to cope.
You can't just "forget"/"fall asleep" etc.

You are going to have to be a lot more conscientious. You only have max 5 hours of insulin in your body at anytime with a pump as it is only quick acting insulin.

You need to be prepared for a lot of adjusting if you can't be ***** now...

Oh dear; jumping on his case when he hadn't even started on his pump - shame on you @donnelleysdogs

It's a rare breed indeed who has never forgotten to inject or bolus - I did so only the other week.

Niecie

How's it going badbrogs21? Hope all is going well and you have adjusted to new lifestyle? , I was at hosp today from Oct hba1c was 79 today it is 55 ! Soon pleased :) , hope your managing better wishing you luck take care x

Reactions: 2 people