Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Yesterday's food:

B - Cheese & Bacon mini crustless quiche (think I am addicted)
L - Poached salmon with a tomato, brocolli & cucumber salad with a few olives
D- 2 x 97% pork sausages, 2 x bacon, poached egg, mushrooms and grilled tomato following by Strawberries & Cream with a few macadamia nuts
S - Mini bag pork scratchings

@Brunneria last night I baked another stracciatella cake - this time I added 100gs of unsweetened coconut to the mix and used lemon essence and the chocolate chips... and it tastes amazing - I am so glad you shared this recipe. For a non cook like me, its amazing to make a cake like this that actually tastes so yummy.
Can i have a link to this cake please. Sounds like something i should try.

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:(Not so good today or late yesterday. For some reason a couple of hours after dinner yesterday I was starving, ended up eating some breakfast balls, a coffee with cream and some of tonights vegetable curry!

Struggled all day today but got a headache and just feeling out of sorts. Daytime was ok as can only eat what I take with me so normal allbran with ss milk and one boiled egg for brekkie and soup and a boiled egg for lunch. Got home starving :hungover: again and ate the rest of my veg curry straight out the fridge! Made some more for dinner with pork steak and cauli rice sooo didnt succumb to carbs which is great :) but ate too much for sure which is why my bg post 2h is 8.4 :mad:. Tomorrow is another day!

Sometimes it happens and at least it was all low carb stuff.

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: German smoked cheese, slice of ham, 4 baby toms olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Coffee and cream
L: veg soup with a pat of butter in it
D: pork steak with sprouts and broccoli. Probably have some yoghurt berries and cream later.
Snack: Halls lozenges
Felt rotten all day and a bit lightheaded at times. Rotten cold!

Feel better soon x

Reactions: 9 people

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and scrambled eggs
Ham and coleslaw
Chicken soup - but I didn't get in from work til 9, so ate at 9.30 and now I'm still hungry but it's too late to eat!

Reactions: 8 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Day 6
9.6 pre, (can't get my morning ones down!) 5 mushrooms & 6 cherry tomatoes fried in blob of coconut oil, post 6.9

6.5 pre, bowl of mixed salad with 5 corned beef slices, celery with peanut butter and plenty of Mayo on salad, post 6.8

6.3 pre, Thai style beef salad ( my new love ) sugar free jelly, post 6.1

2 green teas 3 decaf coffee and lots of water
Happy Days :)

Reactions: 10 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 6
9.6 pre, (can't get my morning ones down!) 5 mushrooms & 6 cherry tomatoes fried in blob of coconut oil, post 6.9

6.5 pre, bowl of mixed salad with 5 corned beef slices, celery with peanut butter and plenty of Mayo on salad, post 6.8

6.3 pre, Thai style beef salad ( my new love ) sugar free jelly, post 6.1

2 green teas 3 decaf coffee and lots of water
Happy Days :)

Those numbers are good, are you still doing without the insulin?

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Those numbers are good, are you still doing without the insulin?

Yes, not had any since last Thursday night, I never was on much (8 units morning, 20 evening) but I've never gone this low carb before, I feel great, so much energy, lost a ridiculous amount of weight already but I assume that's water retention? and will slow up, still having metformin though. I watched a video by Dr. Jason Fung and he really explained the whole type 2 diabetes thing that made sense to me this time and the insulin resistance, hence no insulin, maybe I should of weaned myself slowly but where's the fun in that:) I just need to maintain this regime, but I keep telling myself I gave up smoking so I can give up carbs, and it helps with the wife being on board now also, my goal is just to stay off insulin (bored of the regime and having to eat at set times ie. 30 mins after injected, hypos not nice,so anything extra is a brucie bonus!

PurpleOwl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bananas!
Yoghurt with chopped Grapes for Breakfast.
Chicken Salad, Carrot and Cucumber Sticks and some Crisps for Lunch.
Chicken with tons of veggies for Dinner.
Had a small lot of Peanuts also for a Snack today :)

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

:(Not so good today or late yesterday. For some reason a couple of hours after dinner yesterday I was starving, ended up eating some breakfast balls, a coffee with cream and some of tonights vegetable curry!

Struggled all day today but got a headache and just feeling out of sorts. Daytime was ok as can only eat what I take with me so normal allbran with ss milk and one boiled egg for brekkie and soup and a boiled egg for lunch. Got home starving :hungover: again and ate the rest of my veg curry straight out the fridge! Made some more for dinner with pork steak and cauli rice sooo didnt succumb to carbs which is great :) but ate too much for sure which is why my bg post 2h is 8.4 :mad:. Tomorrow is another day!
What veggies were in your soup? They could be responsible for the 8.4 .......or you are coming down with something :(

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dinner: I heard that people use the same nine recipes on average over & over so I opened our old M&S cookbook at random for a bit of a change and found a Rose Eliot recipe for layered pancake and veggie lasagne with cheese sauce. It took 5 eggs, half a pound of cheese, a 400g tin of chestnut puree that cost £3.45 from the deli and three hours in the kitchen, and it tasted boring boring boring. Plus there's half of it left.
However, I discovered that pancakes made with gram flour are quite nice and safe for me so not entirely fruitless.

Reactions: 13 people
S

Sable_Jan

Bacon and scrambled eggs
Ham and coleslaw
Chicken soup - but I didn't get in from work til 9, so ate at 9.30 and now I'm still hungry but it's too late to eat!
Never to late to eat if you are hungry - I can't sleep if I am hungry

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Well buttered crust of fresh bread
Dinner: 3 scrambled eggs with cheese, slice of toast well buttered
Tea: Naughty sausage chips and gravy 7.5 at 2 1/2 hours; 7.2 at 3 hrs
Snack: popcorn/peanut bar, cinnamon hazelnut butter out of the pot as I was deciding what to have it with, sugarfree jelly and cream, chunks of cheese - yes, I've had the munchies today......

iScream

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had 2 buttered croissants with coffee, a Turkey sandwich, chocolate fingers (naughty), salmon with potato, carrots and brocolli!

Then i had a massive hypo so i had a glucose tablet and some shreddies!

Reactions: 2 people

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Never to late to eat if you are hungry - I can't sleep if I am hungry

I can't either - had a couple of strawberries and some cream in the end, felt full and slept really well! But having lost 12kg quite fast I've now plateaued, so am trying to eat smaller quantities and to stop eating by about 7pm as a rule!

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 weetabix and a cup of tea yum yum

Weetabix?! So you aren't diabetic? Maybe T1? Or recently in remission?

Edit - OK, saw in your info you are T1. I think the forum should show which type users are because for T2s not on insulin (and even some T2s who are) a T1 rightfully enjoying some carby food as part of their insulin controlled diet routine may be giving T2s the wrong picture - it's confusing.

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Weetabix?! So you aren't diabetic? Maybe T1? Or recently in remission?

Edit - OK, saw in your info you are T1. I think the forum should show which type users are because for T2s not on insulin (and even some T2s who are) a T1 rightfully enjoying some carby food as part of their insulin controlled diet routine may be giving T2s the wrong picture - it's confusing.
I agree. A lot of newbies are advised to look at this thread for low carb food ideas. It could be confusing for them.

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.