pms543

Even better then! Duh! didn't notice it gave info...

I did use online info to add up lol

Will have a go at making them but with lo carb maple I think

Reactions: 2 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you got the recipe for the Brussels pâté please :)

Can I just say that the cauliflower rice is scummy x

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried the peanut cookies, they were nice, but for my taste a little too strong in the peanut dept. Next time I will try using less.

I also tried the crackers and they were delicious, I'll certainly make them again.

S

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ewelina, your recipes look amazing. :) I have just one question about those crackers if you don't mind.

The ingredients include: "100g Almonds 50g Sunflower Seed and 50g Pumpkin seeds" - and the method just says: "Mix dry ingredients".

Am I right to assume that the nuts and seeds are first ground up in a blender or similar. Also, are all of them ground up, or are you leaving some of the seeds whole to give the crackers more texture. In the pics it looks like there might still be some unbroken pumpkin seeds in there.

Sorry about the noob questions, but this is going to be my first attempt at low carb baking. I'd really appreciate it if you could elaborate slightly on exactly how the nuts and seeds are processed before mixing.

Thanks. :)

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Update: I just read the comment section on ewelina's blog and I notice that someone else also asked about the almonds being ground first, so that part of the question is sorted. :) (they are ground)

I'm still wondering about the seeds though, are they also ground up, or are they left whole?

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
How embarrassing, mine don't look anything like the ones on ewelina's blog. :eek:

I didn't roll them out, I just made like little patties and squashed them onto some baking paper. Also I didn't know what temperature to bake biscuits, so I just took a guess. And whoops, it looks like I made them a wee bit too fat. :D

Oh well, everyone has to start somewhere. :p

They still taste delicious. :)

low carb crackers - rockcakes.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Low Carb Recipes.

Hana's home-made burgers.
The quantites are not critical
1/2 pound minced beef( not too lean)
1/4 pound pork mince
1egg
1clove garlic crushed
1/2medium or 1small onion finely chopped
little oil
sweat the onion in oil, until soft anf glassy and then add garlic to pan. Cook gently until scent develops ( careful! garlic burns easily)
when cooked, set aside to cool
Mix beef and pork mince thoroughly, add a little( about tsp ) salt
mix in onion and garlic
break the egg and mix in.
Shape 6 burgers from this mix.
You can George, grill or fry.
Will take about 10 mins.
are done when outside is well cooked and dark.
Serve with salad or veggies of choice
For picnics, wrap the burger in a lettuce leaf, with gherkin, tomato and mayo and cover in cling film. As good as a bun, but VERY FEW carbs.
You can vary this to suit yourself. If you like it some curry spices might be nice.

I don't find I need to add egg to burger mince. In fact your recipe sounds a lot more like the recipe I use for meatballs :) I do find adding Worcester sauce and Maggi's sauce to the mince helps a lot. I prefer not to use pork mince - why dilute the flavour of the beef? I do add finely chopped onion but not garlic - that's meatball territory again! Black pepper is important as well as salt. I find grilling works best and finished off with some melted cheese on top. Yum!

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Update: I just read the comment section on ewelina's blog and I notice that someone else also asked about the almonds being ground first, so that part of the question is sorted. :) (they are ground)

I'm still wondering about the seeds though, are they also ground up, or are they left whole?

Hi Uart :)
Sorry for a late reply. I haven't seen your post. I meant ground almonds, but sunflower and pumpkin seeds whole. it gives nice crunch to the crackers. I need to make it clearer in my posts!

nstewart88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone. I'm new to the forum but not new to diabetes. After years of neglect and basically not accepting it I've reached a point where I am fed up with feeling so **** all the time and have decided to give low-carbing a go. I've been having a look through the forums and I'm feeling really inspired and positive, I've seen cocoa chia seed pudding being mentioned several times but I can't find the recipe. Would any of you lovely people have the recipe to hand? Many thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: 4 people

Liso66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes - Boredom - Lima Beans - Brussell Spouts - Dogs stuffed in shoulder-bags (Dogs are not an accessory) Shopping. (Yeah, I know. Broken female gene)
Low Carb Gluten Free Pizza (FATHEAD PIZZA)

I have included some nutritional information which you may find helpful.

Ingredients

• 4 cups mozzarella cheese
  • 4 oz. Cream cheese
  • 1.5 cups almond flour
  • 2 whole. Large eggs.
  • 1/2 cup of pizza sauce or spiced tomato sauce (I thinly sliced plum tomatoes, like two of them, and seeded them. Then placed them evenly over the crust with some olive oil, salt and Italian seasonings. This will lower the carbs slightly more)
  • One-Teaspoon gluten free baking powder.
  • Garlic powder
  • (Optional) Dried ground oregano
  • (Optional) Dried parsley
  • Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
Steps

1. Preheat oven to 425f degrees. Just over 218c, or convection oven 200c
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Recipe will fill over half a baking sheet, or make a fairly large round pizza.
  3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine 3 cups (436g) of mozzarella cheese and 4 oz. of full fat cream cheese. Microwave 30 seconds and stir – repeat until cheese mixes smooth (I use dough hooks and my electric mixer)
  4. Add seasoning & spices
  5. Add 2 whole eggs and 1.5 cups of almond flour. (I use dough hooks on my hand mixer.
  6. Dump out onto your lined baking sheet.
  7. Now spread out the dough to make a crust. ¼ to ½ inch thick I coat my hands with a little olive oil to keep from sticking.
  8. Bake for 10 minutes. If you see major bubbles, feel free to attack them with a fork.
  9. Continue baking about 4-6 minutes, until the crust fully cooked and slightly brown on top.
  10. Add toppings, and cheese.
  11. Place back in the oven under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly brown.
  12. Remove from the oven and let stand for a couple of minutes, cut and enjoy! This is a sturdy, bready-like crust, and very yummy!
Nutritional Information

Based on 8-10 servings.

Calories - 159
Total fat - 11.7g
Saturated Fat - 4g
Trans Fat - 0
Cholesterol - 39mg
Sodium - 352 mg
Total carbohydrates - 3.8g
Net carbohydrates- 2.6 g
Fiber - 1.2g
Carbs from natural sugars - 0.7g
Protein - 10.6g

FAT - 67%
CARBS - 7%
PROTEIN - 27%

The totals vary depending on toppings.

Liso66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes - Boredom - Lima Beans - Brussell Spouts - Dogs stuffed in shoulder-bags (Dogs are not an accessory) Shopping. (Yeah, I know. Broken female gene)
Hi Everyone. I'm new to the forum but not new to diabetes. After years of neglect and basically not accepting it I've reached a point where I am fed up with feeling so **** all the time and have decided to give low-carbing a go. I've been having a look through the forums and I'm feeling really inspired and positive, I've seen cocoa chia seed pudding being mentioned several times but I can't find the recipe. Would any of you lovely people have the recipe to hand? Many thanks in advance. :)

If you have an amazon account, check on their Kindle downloads each day. They often have free low carb and paleo recipe books! I have loads of them now

Congrats to going low carb. I've been LC for 2 years now and happy with the awesome results!

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oooh has anyone tried walnut scones from Trudi Deakin's 'Eat fat' book ? Delish!!!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1427294228.708424.jpg

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Coffee and Cake anyone?

Stracciatella cake
110 g butter, softened
120 g cream cheese
5 eggs, medium size
185 g almond flour
sweetener equivalent to 100g sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
almond essence/orange essence/vanilla essence
50 g of 85% chocolate

Preheat oven to 170 ° C.
Mix butter and cream cheese really well
Add sweetener and essence of your choice and stir again
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition
Stir in almond flour and baking powder
Chop chocolate into small pieces and add to the mixture
Line and grease a small loaf tin or use a silicon baking dish
Pour in the cake mixture, level out the top
Bake for 55 minutes at 170 ° C in a fan assisted oven (would be 180 in a normal oven I think)

I have made 2 of these cakes yesterday, took one with me to work, everyone enjoyed.
The cake is moist, and will freeze, always have a cake ready for when one of those cravings strike.
Its so lovely with tea/coffee, served with a dollop of cream it wont leave you hungry for a while.

http://lchf.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2886#p69379
Any idea what the nutritional information of this cake is?.... i.e. carbs per serving/100g?

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any idea what the nutritional information of this cake is?.... i.e. carbs per serving/100g?

You could look up the ingredients individually and do the arithmetic. Best to get into the habit for your own benefit.

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not quite the answer I wanted ;)

Is it as simple as that or does the cooking process affect, eg the carb values?

G

gemma6549

Not quite the answer I wanted ;)

Is it as simple as that or does the cooking process affect, eg the carb values?

From my calculation the recipe totals around 70g of carbs. So depending on how many portions it makes you should be able to calculate from there