nuts

ChocFish

Hi, yes you can eat any nuts, they are very good for you and packed with all sorts of things that are good for you, see here I copied this for you:

Both seeds and nuts contain the embryo that allows plants to procreate future generations. The seed is the ripened ovule of a flowering plant. Within the protective coat of the seed lies the embryo and all the stored food that it needs to develop into a new plant. Nuts are single-seeded fruits of various trees and shrubs. They consist of a kernel sealed within a hard, leathery shell.
Many seeds and nuts are edible; these form an important part of the human diet and the diet of many other animals. They have a variety of textures and flavors. Eaten whole, seeds and nuts are sources of many important nutrients, including healthful polyunsaturated fats; protein; B complex vitamins; vitamins A, D, and E; and many minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, and phosphorous. Seeds and nuts are also important sources of many oils used in cooking and food preparation.

The healthy essential oils found in many seeds and nuts linoleic acid and linolenic acid are extremely beneficial for people of all ages. Linoleic acid, part of the Omega-6 family of fatty acids, is primarily found in raw seeds and nuts. Good sources include flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and walnuts. The other essential fatty acid, linolenic acid, is a member of the Omega-3 family and is primarily found in plant sources such as flax seeds, soy, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and green leafy vegetables as well as certain fish like salmon, trout and mackerel. Both essential fatty acids must be derived from dietary sources, as the body cannot manufacture them.

Like with anything else though dont over do it, nuts are high in calories - also try not to have too many salted or sugared/honey nuts and dont ever give nuts to children under 5.

I hope this helps

All the best

Karen

shavals

Karen

good to read the article on nuts as I did indulge in some over the holiday, mixed nuts and raisins, made a nice change. Managed to keep the weight the same although did have some of my "must have" chocs. 2 thorntons per day for myself and my hubby. Also followed Dennis' advice and started having prunes after my main meal, these too helped the sweet tooth and looks as if my blood sugar readings are coming down.

Regards

Pauline Jones

Reactions: 2 people

lopper

hello
a happy new year
thaks a lot for all the info
it will be helpful
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee