Low carb vegetarian diet?

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't want to try a liquid diet. The Newcastle diet is excellent for someone who does not need to lose weight.

I need to lose about 5 stones to get to my good weight. I tried liquid diet and I did lose a lot of weight but it all came back up.

Can anyone recommend me a vegetarian low carb diet?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Google it, there are loads of low carb veggie sites. Dana Carpender also does a low carb veggie cook book

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I couldn't find that either :(

I have a couple of Dana Carpender's books, but they gather dust because they are so meat orientated.

What I do have and use is Rose Elliott's Vegetarian Low Carb diet and her Low Carb cook book, and Low Carb and Gluten Free Vegetarian by Celia Brooks I also adapt vegetarian recipes by substitutions , which works quite well.:) The Cook and Count app is invaluable for this :)

Signy

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thanks @Heathenlass I have both those books. Love Celia's, but not keen on Rose's. I was excited to read there might be another, but I can't find it :spitoutdummy:

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree about Celia - excellent ! I heard another was on the pipeline, but made the mistake of ordering another one with a similar title, which turned out to be am earlier edition and the same more or less as the one I already had :(

I think if weight loss is your goal, Rose Elliot's books are a good starting point , especially if you are already familiar with her style. I like the bit in her introduction where she tells of piling on the weight as a cookery writer, despite having already authored books on Low GI and Low Fat ! :D

Signy