Type-1 Diabetes Mobile App Survey

Skatchan

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys,

I'm currently a student and am designing a smartphone app which is supposed to help Type-1 sufferers control their diabetes. I've done some research into existing apps already and while there are a few which seem useful, a lot of them are fairly poor quality. I want to make sure that my design is as good as it can be so I'd really appreciate if you would fill in a survey I've prepared. Any responses you can give would be really helpful and if you have any extra comments about anything then please do reply to my post.

You can find the survey here.

Thanks in advance.

LaineyK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is good, as I have been trying to download a good app, but I find they are all crud!
It should have both mmol and the american conversion for our pals in the USA. Which you could enter at start of you getting the app, like entering your initial details. It shouldn't limit how many times u want to blood check in a day, and a daily average might be useful. A quick calculator for carb counting would be good. Ie, if you normally bolus 1. 7 for each 10 carb, then it could work it out for you how much to inject. Little note if you felt poorly where you could put that in, and perhaps show sick day adjustments. Monthly average of how much insulin you are injecting?.. I think this would be useful to see how much you are finding you need, especially new users like myself, may help show you when honeymoon period finished... Phew, that's about it!,,:)

Reactions: 2 people