Breakfast Suggestions

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just wondered what everyone ate for b'fast as I am getting a bit bored of scrambled egg most mornings. I don't mind bacon, mushrooms and tomato at the weekend when I have more time but during the week its a bit more rushed!!

I'm useless at making omelettes so thats a no go!!

Thanks for any suggestions. :D

sandiegirl

Hi,

I find breakfast a struggle too as I cananot face eating it before I leave for work so it has to be portable! I vary from weightwatchers yoghurts (about the lowest low carb I have found so far apart from greek naturla yoghurt), cheeses and sliced ham in a klip it box and my favourite at the moment is a desertspoonful of creme fraiche (full fat as lower carb) with a few fresh raspberries in it and some splenda to accomodate my sweet tooth.
Scrambled eggs made with double cream and bacon on the side are my favourite at the weekend.

Hope this gives u some inspiration.

REgards,
Sandie

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
I favour mozzarella balls - portable (although you have to find somewhere to drain the bag they come in) and relatively cheap( 47p from Sainsburys for the value ones, 80p the low fat) and they taste quite mild so you don't get too fed up of the,. Also goes nicely with some sliced tomato, or strawberries or blackberries

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers for the suggestions, didn't think about yogurt with fruit to be honest, yum especially if sprinkled with some flaked almonds!!

Doczoc

I like mozzarella balls too for brekkie. Full fat greek yogurt, nuts and a few blueberries? Sausages and egg? Full fat cream cheese rolled in smoked salmon or ham? A vegetable frittata or quiches made the night before, keep it in the fridge and warm portions for brekkie?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I usually scramble eggs in the microwave, but if in a hurry, I have cold sliced meats and cheeses in the fridge. Lidl's have a terrific range and all are delicious. I haven't tried their trout fillets for breakfast, but I would think they'd do. I slice of thin sliced salami on a slice of gouda cheese rolled up makes a portable meal. I could roll it round a gherkin I expect, but I haven't replenished those. they make such good snacks, they're all gone.