What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We went out to eat pub food last night (by invitation, so clean shirt) and I checked on the website menu that I could have trout, veg plus a few new potatoes. Of course the website is out of date! No trout.
Never mind. I tried a mushroom starter, and it came in a white sauce.
Then lamb tagine, which had sultanas in and was served with couscous, which I mostly avoided and pinched some cauli & green beans from the shared dish.
When the pavlovas and brownies with chocolate sauce came round I got the cheese board, with about a pound of excellent cheeses. I had two small biscuits, some butter, a lot of cheese and the decorative salad and avoided the grapes.
I thought a dash of milk in the coffee would be ok until I realised it was from a machine and overmilked with a lot of froth. It tasted very sweet.
So I think I was over-proteined as well as over-carbed, but isn't that just how it is sometimes? I did my best and after three hours at the table and an hour back home I tested 6.0. The cheese didn't sit well, I must say.
Today the sun is shining and I hope it shines for you too.

Reactions: 13 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterdays food

B - bacon & mushroom mini crustless quiche
L - Salmon fried in butter with cheese coleslaw, cucumber and a few olives
S - Original 9 bar
D - 2 x 97% pork sausages, 2 x bacon, a poached egg and 5 mushrooms followed by a small slice of LC cake and double cream.

Then I had a sod it - I feel sorry for myself moment and ate half a small bag of M&M Peanuts..... still BS were 5.0 before bed

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yesterdays food

B - bacon & mushroom mini crustless quiche
L - Salmon fried in butter with cheese coleslaw, cucumber and a few olives
S - Original 9 bar
D - 2 x 97% pork sausages, 2 x bacon, a poached egg and 5 mushrooms followed by a small slice of LC cake and double cream.

Then I had a sod it - I feel sorry for myself moment and ate half a small bag of M&M Peanuts..... still BS were 5.0 before bed
Not too bad for carbs with them being peanut I guess - there doesn't seem to be a lot of chocolate on them as I remember,,,

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

so far today it has been
Breakfast: my usual porridge mix with soya milk (made a fresh batch today so that may be more or less spiky - will need to test - I usually do anyhow but I mean against the number of grams I can have to keep within my 1.5 increase post
Dinner: A lovely mixture of chicken, vegetables, some of the jar sauce leftover from last nights pie with a tablespoon of biryani paste mixed in and some soya milk. Once cooked it was rather like a biryani soup - ever so tasty
Snack (not needed tbh) choc chia seed pudding wth squirty cream.
Tea - possibly lightly battered cod and mushy peas unless friend has something planned

Reactions: 4 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast; bullet coffee, coffee with butter and coconut oil (well mixed)
Afternoon coffee with coconut oil and Jersey cream and a mini babybel cheese
Dinner; planning spicy prawns - thinly sliced garlic and chopped chili peppers fried in butter together with raw king prawns adding a little extra butter towards the end, for dessert some tagleggio (a lovely creamy Italian cheese).
Enjoying a glass with 1 tbsp organic cider vinegar with sparkling water, like very dry cider.

Reactions: 9 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B chia seed and coconut milk with cinnamon and 1/4 tsp raw honey
S 2 cherry tomatoes
L 1 slice of toasted burgen with cream cheese and few slices of avocado, cauliflower broccoli and carrots (small bowl) half a pack of pork scratchings
D Thai style beef salad, spoonful of alpro coconut yoghurt

Went to bed @ 7.2 awoke on 9.7 will try a snack before bed, running high 6 early 7s all day :(

Reactions: 8 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel the same a lot of the time... I cry when I get below 4.2 and shaky... Embarrassing... :arghh:No meds, just LCHF... I travel so much I get stressed.. Just got off another plane and eaten an avocado standing up by the kitchen sink while the cab waited... Coffee in the airport lounge, then worried about the dash of milk instead of cream... Had smoked salmon, BabyBels, Brie, cucumber and Laban in the hotel, knowing it's not healthy, but what can I do? I brought cream with me but it was in the bottom of my case... :) I do think we worry too much sometimes.. The result of a lifetime of 'healthily' eating porridge and grapefruit for breakfast and s baked sweet potato with fat-free cottage cheese for lunch etc... And still putting on two kilos I didn't want or need... :eek: The morning liver-dump is hardest to bear... I am going to stop whinging now and wish everyone a lovely day.. :sorry::happy:
Keep your pecker up Susikav, you are doing well

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I felt very hungry all day today
B: German smoked cheese, slice of ham and 3 baby toms with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar
2nd breakfast: bacon mushrooms and toms
L: hunters chicken with salad and coleslaw
Mid afternoon: 1/2 German smoked cheese
Snack 4 squares dark chocolate
Supper: yoghurt raspberries and cream, 4 squares of dark chocolate :)

Reactions: 6 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Strange day, been so hungry all day but not craving carbs just food! Pleased to have got to the end without totally overeating.

B.allbran with ss milk and 1 boiled egg.
L. Veg soup and 1 boiled egg.
S. 4 cream crackers slathered with butter.
D. Pork steak, 2 fried eggs, 1 rasher of bacon, cauliflower pattie followed by jelly n cream. Bg post 2h 5.3!
S. Coffee n cream before bed

S

Sable_Jan

I want to do a lemon cream one next, so that Mr B (who doesn't eat choc, the madman) can try it too.
:)
Hi Brunneria
Let us know when you make the lemon cream one so we can copy :hungry::hungry:
I'm going to try it with the different nut butters I have. I love the taste of the peanut butter against the chocolate.... think the next to try is the pistachio but not tonight - just had snack...

S

Sable_Jan

Fell off the wagon big style today, so I'm not saying what I've eaten!
You were really hungry yesterday though weren't you. Hope you are not coming down with a bug but if you are it would explain it.....

Tomorrow is another day.....forget this one and move on. We know how good you usually are so no major harm done I'm sure

S

Sable_Jan

Strange day, been so hungry all day but not craving carbs just food! Pleased to have got to the end without totally overeating.

D. Pork steak, 2 fried eggs, 1 rasher of bacon, cauliflower pattie followed by jelly n cream. Bg post 2h 5.3!
Hard isn't it when you're having a "hungry" day... I tend to try and munch on cheese which though a bit heavy on the calories does help to fill me up and subdue the "munchies".....sugarfree jelly and cream is another good one for me.....

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: my usual porridge mix with soya milk - think I put some cinnamon hazelnut butter in it cos it was runny <1.5 so ok with that
Dinner: fried gammon, fried egg and crumbled Cheshire cheese
Snack: 2 sugarfree digestive sandwiched together with chocolate hazelnut butter (not the spread) - stressed cos I couldn't get battery off car I'm selling to charge it and had to charge in situ...
Tea: pea soup made with dried peas, gammon and carrots (6.1 at 2 1/2 hours)
Snack: Sugarfree orange jelly (that I topped up with pineapple juice instead of water) with scoop of lemon ice cream
Think a soya latte is called for for bedtime - need to save cocoa powder for choc chia pudding tomo

Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 2 egg cheese omelette & 4 bacon
L slightly late due to longer wait at hospital but same as day before, 1 slice of toasted burgen with cream cheese & avocado half a pack of pork scratchings, small piece of cheese
D doner kebab no pitta, last of the ginger thing 6.6 pre 6.8 post

Hospital was ok but as expected radiotherapy is needed as the biopsy of removed tumour revealed a more aggressive form of cancer than the previous biopsy, basically it's trying to spread into her nerves so we need to stop that, 6 weeks down at Mount Vernon starting soon, will be a tough few months ahead but hopefully will get this thing sorted! The misses is doing okay, but was most upset at being told no spicy food for a month or so, she can't go a day without chilli spice!!

Reactions: 14 people
S

Sable_Jan

L slightly late due to longer wait at hospital but same as day before, 1 slice of toasted burgen with cream cheese & avocado half a pack of pork scratchings, small piece of cheese

Hospital was ok but as expected radiotherapy is needed as the biopsy of removed tumour revealed a more aggressive form of cancer than the previous biopsy, basically it's trying to spread into her nerves so we need to stop that, 6 weeks down at Mount Vernon starting soon, will be a tough few months ahead but hopefully will get this thing sorted! The misses is doing okay, but was most upset at being told no spicy food for a month or so, she can't go a day without chilli spice!!
That made me smile about the Mrs being more concerned about missing out on spicy food. Hope the treatment goes well and the treatment doesn't make her feel too yeucky.......

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Good luck to you both with the next phase. Don't underestimate how taxing it will be for you too.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Your numbers are all really good - especially the weight loss... you are doing brilliantly... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.