Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

B33

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I was diagnosed type 1 3 weeks ago. I hba1c was 153. I have been reading this forum lots and getting useful tips. I have lowered my carb intake. So hoping this will help!

Reactions: 4 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I was diagnosed type 1 3 weeks ago. I hba1c was 153. I have been reading this forum lots and getting useful tips. I have lowered my carb intake. So hoping this will help!
Good luck x

Ekat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My last one was a 7.4 but I just got on the pump and had some major highs until we adjusted my basal rate. I'm hoping to see much improvement after a few months of the pump... to be continued...

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My last one was a 7.4 but I just got on the pump and had some major highs until we adjusted my basal rate. I'm hoping to see much improvement after a few months of the pump... to be continued...
You will defo see an improvement with your next one now you are on pump and have tweeked basal :) x

Noddy123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you! I'm hoping for the best.
hi I have just had my 6 months check up today. My hb has come down which I am pleased abou but he has suggested to me about having a pump to control my night hypos. I would be grateful for some useful feedback.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi I have just had my 6 months check up today. My hb has come down which I am pleased abou but he has suggested to me about having a pump to control my night hypos. I would be grateful for some useful feedback.
Hey @Noddy123 I got a pump just over a year ago and it's totally changed my life I think it's fabulous! Was any particular pump mentioned? X

Noddy123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No he just told me to think about it and do my research. I am going to try and cut my carbs again first to see how I go. Will keep reading the forum. I am using lantus for my night injections.

Reactions: 2 people

Ekat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well so far it has really helped prevent me from getting lows and I'm feeling better. My numbers aren't so extreme with ups and downs. Definitely recommend a pump for you :)

Glen_Cooksley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed with Type 1 at the end of November last year and had a HbA1 of 18 and when i was re tested at the start of Febuary this year I was 6.3 so looking like i am slowly getting it under control.

Reactions: 2 people

birchy66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my 6 month diabetes check at the hospital yesterday and my HbA1c was 53 or 7%, which is a little disappointing although the Doc said it is good and keep up the good work. I did get it down to 48.6 or 6.6% last time and was hoping to maintain this level. It has been hard work since diagnosed Type 1 two years ago. Oh well KBO I suppose!

Reactions: 4 people

Erin85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my first check up yesterday. My HbA1c was 86 when I was discharged from hospital in Jan and yesterday it was 53! So happy and feeling so much better knowing that I must be doing something right. It's hard to know with ups and downs every day so is a bit of a confidence boost to get a pat on the back :) onwards and upwards...or rather, hopefully downwards again lol x

Reactions: 12 people

mlm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My last one was 6.8 % 51mmol, really pleased as it's the best result I've had in 30+ years of have diabetes.

RHNtype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Days when my blood sugars do not work for me, HOWEVER these are now rare days as I have a pump after 33+ years of diabetes.
Similar lives in quite a few aspects. 2 kids for me though and although I run and exercise I do not do so competitively. I don't tend to compete over HbA1c either, LOL. Between 7 and 8 has usually felt ok while living a life. Rx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App