I think I need help...

CharlotteRed

Hi, I know this may be a waste of time but I dunno if I'm being paranoid or not. I've not been diagnosed, but I think I have some of the symptoms and I'm quite worried. Basically over the past few days I've been feeling so exhausted all the time and I haven't even done anything all day! And my fluid intake has doubled - I just feel constantly thirsty, and then I need to pee loads as well!!! Exspecially at night - I get up about 5 times during th night to go to the toilet!!

I just need someones opinion on whether I should see a doctor... but if so then I don't know how to persuade my mum to take me... cos even when I was feinting and having panic attack she didnt take me cos she thought it was a stupid reason too.... so I'm now worried that if i mention peeing and drinking more she'll just ignore it...

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya charlotte,
if theres a chance you could be diabetic then u need to see a g.p, u dont say your age but if you are over 14 i think u can see a g.p without your parents, obviously in the meantime if u get more ill u need to be seen straight away as type 1 can come on very quickly and can make u extremely ill,
if u need to know anything else just ask :D

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
hi charlotte welcome to the forum,you really need to go to the gp to get this checked out ,it may be diabetes or it may not but it definatly needs to be checked out .it would be very foolish to ignore this. as for your mum show her this website or say it to another adult to get them to talk to her best of luck dermot

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Charlotte,
Please get seen asap. Lloyds pharmacy do free blood sugar tests if your mum will not take you to the Dr. As has already been said, Type 1 can come on very quickly and make you critically ill within hours. If, even tonight, you start feeling nauseous, vomit, have stomach pains, a bad headache, 'sighing' or deep breathing and a nail-varnishy smell on your breath, you MUST get immediate medical help. You don't need to have all these symptoms at once, by the way. Just a couple, on top of the ones you already have, is enough to make it vital that you get seen by a Dr.

I don't mean to frighten you, but you cannot mess around with Type 1, it is a very dangerous illness if untreated.

Please let us know how you get on.
Best wishes
Sue (mum to 2 Type 1 daughters)

Spiral

You need to see a doctor. You don't mention your age, but I don't really think that matters given the symptoms.

Much as I love this website, I don't really think it would hold much water if you are a child and said to your mum that the people on this website said... :(

NHS Direct, however, is an entirely different kettle of fish :D You can look on the web pages http://www.nhs.uk/Pages/HomePage.aspx or ring them up. I'd favour ringing them - 0845 4647 - because if the nurse said you needed to go to the doctor she/he could actually speak to your mother.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Excellent advice Spiral. Thank you.

Ken

sandymaynard

Hi charolotte
you did not mention your age! Please don't be affraid to mention your age, we will offer you support and advice no matter of your age!
First port of call has to be your Gp, I am type 2, My usual is up for a wee three times in the night!
You need to be checked by your Gp, this is better to be done sooner than later!
Please don't wait, If you need any sort of support please don't worry come on here and ask us all we will offer you support!
Sometimes it is easier to ask strangers for advice than your family!
Hi if you are under 16 tell your mum what is happening or your dad! If not both! As i am sure they will help you through all of this!
Don't be affraid to ask for help!
sandy

CharlotteRed

Thank you for all of the advice all of you have given me. Sorry I did not mention my age earlier,I turned 15 today. I am not sure telling my parents would be a good idea, mostly because - I tell my mum, she thinks she knows it all, then if I tell dad he tells mum...

I think I might ask my friend to come with me and then if the test results come back positive then I can easily prove to mum that I do have something, if not then I can just forget about it and let it die.

Thank you again!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte x

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
happy birthday charlotte that sounds like a plan ,best of luck with that :D dermot

susan1968

Hello Charlotte, I would advise you to go to the doctor as soon as possible, don´t leave it any longer. I think you should tell your mum about your worries and if she thinks it´s nosense well then move things by yourself. Good luck!!!!!

sandymaynard

Hi Charlotte,
I would see your Gp as quick as you can! Have a word with your mum tell her your worries!
If she will not listen then go with a friend to your gp! At least give your mum a chance!
Happy birthday!
Sandy