got diabetic clinic at 3

sandymaynard

I have added my weight ticker now! I am unsure of how many stones.. 28lbs unsure of how many stones that works out to! But at the bottom there is the up to date amount!Having another weigh in at 3 today!
The doctor said yesterday that i look like i have lost weight! She can see the difference! i wonder how much i will of lost now? I will let you all know later and update my ticker as well!
Fingers crossed! 45 minutes to go!
I have eaten today, I mananged a breakfast and lunch!
I had quater of apple and a little macadania nuts and a boiled egg! no change to Bg
lunch i had a little cheese salad!
For me that is a big change! I was used to eating once a day usually late at night!
Thank you everybody for your contuined support! I could not of done this without your support!
Sandy

ChocFish

Well done Sandy, you are a star!!!

28lbs is 2 stone, good luck at the clinic I am sure everyone there will be so proud of you too.

All the best

Karen x

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sandy

Am waiting for your clinic update! Despite all your problems recently you seem to be getting the diabetes under control and your weight loss is brilliant. Hope you are doing ok today.

Jude 8)

sandymaynard

Hi Jude,
Lost another 26lbs lost! My diabeties nurse said that low carb is a good thing for some patients!
She wants to see me again next month! To see how much lost again, i know that i will stop at some point!
But i feel happy about this got some new clothes as well jude today!
Sandy

sandymaynard

Hi jude
The full picture
went to clinic today! I can't believe it in the last 4 weeks with low carb and exercise, I have lost a staggering 26lb's!
I can't believe it, What a difference! The doctor said yesterday that i looked like i had lost weight!
I did not think that i had at all! But wow 26lbs!

The bad thing is i am back on anti botics, as I have got a bladder infection! The diabeties nurse said that was what was causing the strong smell of wee! Hopefully it will get better! Is it normal to get bladder infections?
I finally managed to get my diet ticker onto my profile! Sorry to go on about the weight loss but i just can't believe it!
Hope every body else is fine!
The sun is out just had a omlette, made by my fiancee he wanted to treat me for the weight loss new pair of leggings and 2 new tshirts! Oh i feel so lucky! It is his birthday in 2 weeks bless him he is 50!
Sandy

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya sandy hun,
thats great with the weight loss,
isnt it great buying new clothes, im nearlly 6 stone down now and happy this size, its great, well done :D

sandymaynard

Hi totsy,
Oh yes it is fun buying new clothes, fiting into new things that six months ago i would of said way too small!
Sandy

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sandy

Am just dead jealous!! :mrgreen: 26lb in 4 weeks - I had lost about 9lbs in 7 weeks and was pleased with that!! - what the blazes are you doing to lose that amount so easily?? Are you counting your calories or just keeping to the minimum of carbs? - see this is where I find it much more difficult to eat minimum of carbs because it is not helpful for the IBS and I really cannot face eggs, bacon etc. first thing in the morning!!

Well done to you anyway and lets hope it continues - you are disappearing fast - I bet your fiance is proud of you.

Jude

sandymaynard

Hi Jude,
For breakfast i try and have a egg, i slice of sausage and a piece of bacon, if i can't manage that,
Then i have a apple small chunk of cheese,
Lunch either some sort of salad or if my levels are good, I have a bit of french bread, But keep it very low carb, I put a piece of ham on it, half medium tomato and cheese and then grill it!
Evening meal usually a salad!
As for exercising been mostly walking around our local town or mowing the grass or working out in the garden!

I was so shocked when she said how much i had lost! I thought no way! So she weighed me again! I asked her to do it for a third time! She was also amazed!
She asked how, I said i had taken nearly all carbs out of diet where i can! taken not to having any sort of juice what so ever! No salad cream or mayo!
Yes my Fiancee is very proud of me, He took me out and bought me some new clothes, He said he hasnot noticed that much difference! But he said my waist does look slimmer! But he loves me for who i am and not for my size!
Ahh bless him!
I am having a piece of steak tonight with salad oh yum can't wait! Slowly cooked in red wine!
It must be terrible with the Ibs! I understand fully about that1
Sandy

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sandy

When you say steak cooked slowly in red wine - do you cook it in the oven? You are not really eating much are you? Jude

sandymaynard

Hi Jude,
That is massive for me to eat! To me that is like a 6 course meal spread over a day!
Now again i will have a apple or a few nuts! other than that it is alot for me! I only used to eat once a day.
Yes cooked in the oven so nice and soft and slow!
Sandy

sandymaynard

Hi crystalyips
I had never thought of that! It could be as I am still worried about her! Bless her she is in a real bad way! The hospital are talking about a op now!
If that is the case then i have to be there I have to hold her hand when she goes in and be by her bed when she wakes up!
Sandy

Trinkwasser

Excellent going! And how great that your nurse is supportive! Some of them here are more inclined to talk about carb reduction that the doctors who are strictly Not Permitted to mention such sacrilege.

Bladder infections like skin infections can be worsened and made more likely by high BG, thrush too. The little bugs enjoy the extra glucose in your tissues.

sandymaynard

Hi Trinkwasser,
My Gp said that low carbing or low Gi diets can help diabeties let alone normal people lose weight!
My nurse is so supportive of me, She said that the weight loss is great! But there may come a time where it stops! But at the minute she said the weight loss is great!
I told her of this forum, she said that is a good place to get info and support!
I thought wow a doctor and nurse in full support!
sandy

Trinkwasser

sandymaynard said:
Hi Trinkwasser,
My Gp said that low carbing or low Gi diets can help diabeties let alone normal people lose weight!
My nurse is so supportive of me, She said that the weight loss is great! But there may come a time where it stops! But at the minute she said the weight loss is great!
I told her of this forum, she said that is a good place to get info and support!
I thought wow a doctor and nurse in full support!
sandy

Proof that they do exist, contrary to the opinions of some! See if you can sneak out some of their DNA and clone them

sandymaynard

Hi Trinkwasser
If i could clone them imagine the money I could make by making sure everybody had one of my doctor and nurse!
Sandy