Quick & Easy Breakfast Ideas

Rrar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Im a single mum to a demanding 3 year old & also up early every morning for work. Im looking for quick, 'grab & go' breakfast ideas that fills me until dinner time & is also low carb.

At the moment I eat 2 slices of toast on the way out the door but really wanting to swap this for something healthier.

Thanks in advance :)

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi - how about Greek yoghurt & nuts, cheeses, 9 bars..... I made the crustless quiches last weekend in a 12 hole cake tin & had a couple for brekkie whilst sorting kiddies! They were delish. You could make them the day before.

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Im a single mum to a demanding 3 year old & also up early every morning for work. Im looking for quick, 'grab & go' breakfast ideas that fills me until dinner time & is also low carb.

At the moment I eat 2 slices of toast on the way out the door but really wanting to swap this for something healthier.

Thanks in advance :)
Hiya Rrar,
What I like is mini crustless quiches. I bake them in advance on a Sunday night and keep them in the fridge. I make mini ones, cause it means I can change the fillings. Their also lovely heated up in the oven - but I'm lazy and I have to leave for work early so I eat it in the car on my way to work. Its my go-to breakfast Monday to Friday..

Reactions: 3 people

Rrar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks both, do you have a recipe for the crust less quiches? Im not a very good cook so the more simple the better haha :D

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Rrar, when I do mine I shot anything in them lol beat some eggs put any meat/veggies in and cheese on top. I either make 1 big one or loads of little ones like Kezzer said they keep well in the fridge for a few days I have them for breakfast & snacks, the cheesier the better for me as well lol x

Rrar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Rrar, when I do mine I shot anything in them lol beat some eggs put any meat/veggies in and cheese on top. I either make 1 big one or loads of little ones like Kezzer said they keep well in the fridge for a few days I have them for breakfast & snacks, the cheesier the better for me as well lol x
Thank you, will have to look up how to make quiche im a useless cook & lazy with it too, not a good combo for a diabetic lol but im getting better! :D

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haha literally crack some eggs in a bowl, beat them, chuck other things in, pour mixture into whatever you're baking it in and put cheese on top, soooo easy (one of main reasons I do it haha) xx

Rrar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fab, will def give it a go in that case :) thank you :)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks both, do you have a recipe for the crust less quiches? Im not a very good cook so the more simple the better haha :D
Hi Rrar, Here is the one I use:

3 eggs
7oz cheese grated
1/4 pt of milk
7oz of bacon
1 small onion
1oz butter

Finely chop the onion and chop the bacon and fry in the butter
While they are cooking beat the eggs and milk, then add the grated cheese, season and mix together
Put the bacon and onions into a flan dish and top with the cheese,egg & milk mix

Cook at 200 degrees (180 if fan assisted) for 20-25 mins until set - it may take longer depending on your oven

That's the basic recipe - I swap the milk for double cream and swap the bacon for whatever I fancy... At the moment I am liking ham or salami. I use a silicon large muffin tray (does 6 in total) which I got from Amazon - this mixture makes 4 quiches. I also cook mine twice, because I like mine a bit firmer. So once they have cooled down so I can take them out of the tray - I stick them back in the oven on a low heat for 15 mins.

I keep them in the fridge and eat mine cold.... Although they are nice reheated also

Reactions: 6 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Tinned Sardines (in olive oil) and a couple of stick of celery do me for breakfast

Rrar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Rrar, Here is the one I use:

3 eggs
7oz cheese grated
1/4 pt of milk
7oz of bacon
1 small onion
1oz butter

Finely chop the onion and chop the bacon and fry in the butter
While they are cooking beat the eggs and milk, then add the grated cheese, season and mix together
Put the bacon and onions into a flan dish and top with the cheese,egg & milk mix

Cook at 200 degrees (180 if fan assisted) for 20-25 mins until set - it may take longer depending on your oven

That's the basic recipe - I swap the milk for double cream and swap the bacon for whatever I fancy... At the moment I am liking ham or salami. I use a silicon large muffin tray (does 6 in total) which I got from Amazon - this mixture makes 4 quiches. I also cook mine twice, because I like mine a bit firmer. So once they have cooled down so I can take them out of the tray - I stick them back in the oven on a low heat for 15 mins.

I keep them in the fridge and eat mine cold.... Although they are nice reheated also
Cheers kezzer :)