Best oil for cooking

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Yes the next experiment will be a low carb batter.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After reading about acrylamide, I'm glad deep fried food is no longer on my menu o_O

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
After reading about acrylamide, I'm glad deep fried food is no longer on my menu o_O
Strange but I've not really noticed that deep fried food has more or less gone from my life.

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds intriguing. Roasted cauliflower with garlic and lemon is amazing.

A friend just cooked cauliflower for me a bit like that - put the entire thing face down in boiling water for a few minutes, drained it thoroughly, then rubbed butter, lemon and garlic into it a baked it. It remained intact and was gorgeous! Had it with roasted peppers and halloumi.

Reactions: 4 people

wd6ecc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've seen around here people discussing Omegas 3 and 6.

I have recently ordered a deep fat fryer. Now I'm considering which oil to fill it with. Normally I use Olive oil, I have seen people suggest that cooking with it loses it's benefits. So I have some ground nut oil which I use to fry, but that is quite expensive.

So just wondering if anyone in the Know can direct me to the best oil to use.
i don't use oil i use dripping lard or butter

wd6ecc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
cooking oils here in the usa are hydrogenated are made with gmo corn cotton seed or soy so i use dripping lard or butter for cooking

wd6ecc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Lenny it's olive oil for me ...always has always will , but it must be on offer ....kat
hi lenny olive oil is not good for high temp frying it breaks down into nasty's' it has a low smoke temperature ,keep it for you salads you could try peanut oil for deep frying but why not use dripping may be you can get it from your butcher