Tomorrow is the day .. (Roche Insight)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ooh yes there is a bright white background screen on the handset eith coloured icons..
Thats bright!!
I've turned mine back to dark black background with the bright icons. But yes you are right

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Aparantly I was told the background colour can be changed to black and white but the rep will show me when the pump arrives as I've had traing and tried NovaRapid in my old pump for the last few days to make sure I have no adverse reactions to it
not on the medtronic veo its still got a keyhole on the back so if the battery fails you can wind it up:):(

Reactions: 6 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
early days. it will grow on me
i never use to like whisky. but now i love it
Ahh, sorry, yes, I thought you were talking about the Insight too!

Hope you are getting on with your pump? It's strange that they put you on the old one and not the Insight? :( My DSN had the old Accu-Chek Combo but she said there was no point in me trialing it as the Insight was due out this year so I might as well wait for that (June). It is a bit of a wait but I'm hoping it will be worth it.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey @caretaker I've got the Medtronic one and if you press the down button there's a light... At least there is on mine lol x

Kelsie

Its OK but the screen is so small.and black on grey is not good .
you would never buy a mobile with such a bad screen quality the menus are to complicated to do the simple things .
i put on the care-link software.on my PC
i'm sure they could of made more of an effort. doesn't run on Google chrome only IE and that needs a java plug in.

it is comfy i have it in a runners belt the thing they use to put there mp3 players in .
its a bit like an inner tube with a slit in it you just feed it through the slit works well .i wear it in bed. i'm going to get some new glasses i hope this might help. with the screen if i had a choice i might have picked something else.
but its a start
.i'm only on saline this week.Bring it on
:)
thanks
You can change the screen colour :)

Kelsie

I got mine two weeks ago and so far I love it :) it's my first pump and the handset and pump is really easy to use! I love the flexibility of a pump and already my BG levels have improved massively. I have a really active job and exercise lots so the pump is beneficial for me. Good luck with yours!

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I only have the Veo pump as that is the only one in my area they will fund. POST CODE LOTTERY
So stuck with the 2 inch by 3/4 inch display with four lines of text.no hand sets but i do own a magnifying glass (self funded)
But today i went live on insulin .all seems OK.but i'm doing loads of BG test.tonight will be the big test.
and later in the week i will do some basal testing . next appointment in 3 weeks.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I only have the Veo pump as that is the only one in my area they will fund. POST CODE LOTTERY
So stuck with the 2 inch by 3/4 inch display with four lines of text.no hand sets but i do own a magnifying glass (self funded)
But today i went live on insulin .all seems OK.but i'm doing loads of BG test.tonight will be the big test.
and later in the week i will do some basal testing . next appointment in 3 weeks.

Are they phoning you to check how your readings are panning out during the 3 weeks?

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm using there medtronic software and my DSN can see my results online. its now 12.46 AM and i have got out of bed as my BG is dropping now down to 4.6 and i have 2 more basal patterns to go one higher than the other i think i might hypo before morning.:(

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
How do you mean you have 2 more basal patterns - onehigher, one lower??aren't you initially trying to amend the one pattern you were put on?

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I did n;t plan to stay up all night to test. but as this was my first 14 hours on the pump i was not use to being so low all night.
i tested about every 2 hours and went from 4.6 to 6.8 and now at 5.40 AM and i am 4.6. .i was not trying to do a basal test. i think that my first night would be far to early.
i have 4 basals the one at 12.00 to 4 AM is lower than the one from 4 AM to 8
The DSN had seem to have got her maths right and i didn't hypo
i'm very pleased and wont change thing just jet.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Oh I'm with you now!'

To be honest I did exactly what you did.. I got my night time tested first. The reason I did it was because my hubby worked nights and I always had company during the day. Thanks to a special person on here I changed my rates immediately too! Consultant & DSN was astounded when I went back a week later!!

I thought you had other profiles set up!!. Sorry, Insight and the old combo pump have 24 1 hr settings for basal rates not 4. Sorry thats my being used to the accuchek pumps....

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i need to be sure of the night time BG as i live alone. there would be nobody to check on me in the morning ..
i would rather be a bit higher at night than to low

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

@caretaker

It wil,l take a while for you to get used to using a pump....lots of bg testing, adjusting the carb and adjusting the bolus and getting the basal rate sorted. It is thought to take about 3 days for the old basals like Lantus, Levemir etc to leave the body so best not toadjust the overnight basal too much to stop the lows and just some carb instead for a little while esp if you tend to have low bg levels from midnight till 3am but then start to rise up from that time onwards. As Carbsrok says.....Rome wasnt built in a day......with some pumps Rome might not be built in a year either. Unfortunately, you have to make the mistake first before you learn your way.