Night hypos? Type 2 on medication.

Nooch26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please help I'm t2d diagnosed 2013 on metformin and gliclazide, I think I might be having nighttime hypos because in the mornings I stuggle to wake myself up, headaches and a very dry mouth what should I do? as iam a single parent with a child age 4 worrie if I'm

Nooch26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No if I should wat would the best time be I do test 4 time during the day tho

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm surprised that you haven't been prescribed a meter and strips being on Gliclazide so that you can test your BS levels.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i,m on gliclazide and metformin and had to fight for a meter and then only get 50 test strips a month. i ended up buying a codefree meter and strips as they are the cheapest
@Nooch26 , i would suggest buying a meter and test strips and test first thing in the morning and before each meal and 2 hours after each meal

Reactions: 2 people

Nooch26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think everyone has miss read what I said I do have a meter which was prescribed I test my sugars before breakfast,lunch,dinner and before bed

Reactions: Nooch1

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi nooch
So what are a typical days numbers for you particularly the before bed and before breakfast ones

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before breakfast are between 3.5-5.7 and before bed 7- 9 or sometimes a little higher

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The morning ones are they when you very first get up ? The 3.5s seem low to me especially as most of us suffer some sort of liver dump on getting up certainly on the very odd occasion I have been as low as that I have felt shakey.
I think a word with your Dr is in order especially as you on your own with a young child.

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes they are when I first get up I'm on high dose of gliclazide 200mg at breakfast and 160mg at lunch and 1g of metformin at breakfast, yes I do feel shakes too also get headaches

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you will find that the max daily dose of Gliclazide is 320mg; yours totals 360mg? Either way I suspect your Gliclazide dose needs a tweak downwards as that will be causing any hypos. Do discuss with GP.

Nooch26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you will find that the max daily dose of Gliclazide is 320mg; yours totals 360mg? Either way I suspect your Gliclazide dose needs a tweak downwards as that will be causing any hypos. Do discuss with GP.
Ur right 320 is the max dose I'll have a chat with docs thanks

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone ended up ringing hospital diabetes nurse as gp was **** they have decided to lower my dose of gliclazide to 160 twice a day and see how that goes

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone ended up ringing hospital diabetes nurse as gp was **** they have decided to lower my dose of gliclazide to 160 twice a day and see how that goes

Ah good hopefully it will do the trick :)