Contraception and insulin

kayleigh599

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes nearly 2 moths ago. I am currently on Novorapid 3 times a day and lantus solostar 1 a day. I am also on Microgynion 3ed contraceptive pill. Could anyone give me advice whether this will interact with the other medication I am on and anyone elses experience would be welcomed.

Thank You

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, I am past the age where I need to take the pill now, but when I did I was told that women with diabetes should not take pills containing oestrogen, but should use the progesterone-only type. I don't know if that's still the current advice and I don't know about interactions. Have you asked your endocrinologist?

Lottie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got diagnosed a year ago and still on microynon. Doc said to me I should consider other contraception because it makes me more at risk however at the moment I've got youth, good results and no complications on my side so can carry on info want to but just to be aware that I am more at risk to health complications x

chl0ejasmine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I have T1 and am on a contraceptive injection which you have every 3 months, it doesn't mess with my insulin :)