Worried I am not doing it right !!!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Another good source of protein is Quark. V low fat and carbs (as long as you don't buy the vanilla flavoured stuff).

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the link @ Jack 412, as an "old ******" I found the better health site to be really good.
if only some of the youngins would take in that high protein is unnecessary, even when bodybuilding and toxic to the body.....unlike fat in high doses

Reactions: 3 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
if only some of the youngins would take in that high protein is unnecessary, even when bodybuilding and toxic to the body
Jack, there is little to no proof that this is the case.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
which part of the link are you referring to? TBH I don't think your read the institute of sport link or this health link

there is proof that it is unnecessary...and there's metabolic proof that proteins produce toxic chemicals
"Contrary to popular belief, people who exercise vigorously or are trying to put on muscle mass do not need to consume extra protein. Studies show that weight-trainers who do not eat extra protein (either in food or protein powders) still gain muscle at the same rate as weight-trainers who supplement their diets with protein. A very high-protein diet can strain the kidneys and liver, and prompt excessive loss of the mineral calcium."
"One of the byproducts of protein metabolism is ammonia. In high levels, ammonia is extremely dangerous to the body and so is converted into urea. This water-soluble chemical is collected by the kidneys and eliminated from the body in our urine. The more protein we eat each day, in excess of our needs, the more work our kidneys must do to get rid of the ammonia."

Last edited by a moderator:

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs, fish, beans (small amounts), cottage cheese, greek yogurt, nuts, cheese are all great sources of protein, in addition to meat.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've got my daily protein intake down to around 70g - bit more tweaking and I'll be sorted.

Turns out protein is everywhere :mad: