2 Decades - and a broken leg

chris1977

Hello to all you folks

I know things are tough for some of you newly diagnosed out there, stay head strong and positive.

I was diagnosed at 11 and now 32 years old.

My name is Chris and from Milton Keynes, type 1 diabetic shooting up lantus and novorapid.

Well I was hiking in Wales back in January, managed to break my leg hiking down Cadair Idris in Snowdon national park and just learning to walk again. Hopefully be without those crutches in the next week or so. I was stuck in hospital for three weeks in Wales, waiting two weeks for the operation on my Tibia and Fibula, multipule fractures, very painful! that'll teach me for doing to much sport, probably a stress fracture. Thank god I had my mobile with me and got an RAF airlift off the mountain, ironically my girlfriend is a paramedic.

So my lower left leg has two metal plates in it now. Well, I tell you, being off your feet for over 4 months plays havoc with diabetes, especially when you're very active. Got it back under control now.

Bone infusion took 16 weeks since the operation, had my last x-ray on 1st June.

Well that's the broken leg rant.

My last HB1 was 6.4% in November 2008.

Anyhow, hopefully back to normality and work again soon.

Regards

Chris

ps. don't break a leg, it bloody hurts :lol: wasn't laughing back then though.

Attachments

• Brokenleg.jpg
    Brokenleg.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 653
  • DSC00057.JPG
    DSC00057.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 657
  • DSC00041.jpg
    DSC00041.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 638

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
OUCH :!:

Hope you get your strength & fitness back soon.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya chris :D
welcome to the forum
sorry about your injuries,hope you soon get sorted, im on week 5 now of a broken ankle and calcaneum so in a similar position :D

take care :D

Trinkwasser

Could have been worse, a friend went on a walking holiday in the Peak District and fell down the hotel stairs before she ever had time to walk anywhere!

Seriously, sympathies!

Oh and watch out for those concrete cows, I knew another Type 1 in MK but haven't heard from him for a long time