Atchoo!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to this fantastic forum I'm really enjoying a stonking cold. I don't mean I caught it off anyone here from germs seeping up through the keyboard. But the newfound energy I have these days as a result of changing my diet and also mixing with a bunch of merry travellers (that's you) conspire to carry me through the sneezes, coughs, aches, and general feeling that I'm about 20 feet underwater.
Luckily I'm able to feed the cold and am eating heartily and have the stamina to exercise adequately. The only bad time is in the wee small hours after lying down when I feel as if I've been in the front row of a Hawkwind concert for seven hours.Or maybe eight.
Before man-flu was invented I used to feel that a cold was the nearest thing to death other than, well, death, so the change is amazing. Thank you all again and may all your sneezes be kitten-sized.

Atchoo!

Reactions: 12 people

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Look after yourself...have you got any favourite cold remedies to help you through? Mine is burning essential oils in a vaporiser to kill off the bugs (tea tree), help with congestion and breathing (eucalyptus), or just nice fragrant ones to cheer me up! Hope you are better soon. D

Reactions: 2 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hope you feel better soon.I have had a cold on and off since Christmas.after about four years without one.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks to this fantastic forum I'm really enjoying a stonking cold. I don't mean I caught it off anyone here from germs seeping up through the keyboard. But the newfound energy I have these days as a result of changing my diet and also mixing with a bunch of merry travellers (that's you) conspire to carry me through the sneezes, coughs, aches, and general feeling that I'm about 20 feet underwater.
Luckily I'm able to feed the cold and am eating heartily and have the stamina to exercise adequately. The only bad time is in the wee small hours after lying down when I feel as if I've been in the front row of a Hawkwind concert for seven hours.Or maybe eight.
Before man-flu was invented I used to feel that a cold was the nearest thing to death other than, well, death, so the change is amazing. Thank you all again and may all your sneezes be kitten-sized.

Atchoo!
Most cold and man flu remedies have sugar added to make it tastes better and relieve symptoms. It does ****** all else tho. So stay away from them and suffer mate!!!

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I just take paracetamol and use a nasal spray,clears my nose for sleep.

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I went off and had a bath with lavender & bergamot oils. I have some Fishermen's Friend sugar-free lozenges and a menthol sniffer thing. I had hot water & a lemon slice with my daily dose of aspirin in it. Mrs D says I can pretend to be a real invalid as long as I carry on dishing up the food, which I surely will.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. I went off and had a bath with lavender & bergamot oils. I have some Fishermen's Friend sugar-free lozenges and a menthol sniffer thing. I had hot water & a lemon slice with my daily dose of aspirin in it. Mrs D says I can pretend to be a real invalid as long as I carry on dishing up the food, which I surely will.
Either hot water with lemon, Deejay, or ginger tea. Grated ginger, lots, plus whole black peppercorns. Just make a thermos and drink drink drink. And sleep sleep sleep. Get better soon xx

Lucy

Last edited by a moderator:

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What would 'Winnie the Pooh' do? :p

Sorry to here you have 'man' flu...!

Neil

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I caught a weird tickle/sore throat thing about a month ago. Lasted for weeks.
Main feature was sexy voice and extreme fatigue.
Thought I was being feeble because of work stress and too much activity when on hol.

Then everyone at the office started swapping it between themselves and their plague carrying offspring
- and they are as wiped out as I was/am.

After all this time, I still haven't had that 'aha!' moment, when you wake up one morning and think 'Yay, I'm better now :)'

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I caught a weird tickle/sore throat thing about a month ago. Lasted for weeks.
Main feature was sexy voice and extreme fatigue.
Thought I was being feeble because of work stress and too much activity when on hol.

Then everyone at the office started swapping it between themselves and their plague carrying offspring
- and they are as wiped out as I was/am.

After all this time, I still haven't had that 'aha!' moment, when you wake up one morning and think 'Yay, I'm better now :)'
I have had it since Christmas,It gets a bit better then comes back again.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope it arrives for you soon. I agree, it's a joyful moment.
I go to drink-drink-drink and sleep-sleep-sleep according to the command of Lucy-who-must-be-obeyed.

Reactions: 6 people