Pumpers-British Summer Time

Poppy2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Everyone! Have been thinking about the commencement of British Summer Time! Please remember to change your 24 hr clock on your Insulin Pumps and Blood Glucose Monitors (presuming they don't change automatically!!)

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Surely pumps would self adjust like smartphones ?

Poppy2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Surely pumps would self adjust like smartphones ?
I really don't know! I have only been pumping for 9 weeks. My old blood glucose monitor needed manual changing! So thought it was something to look out for, maybe some long term pumpers can enlighten us?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Sorry been pumping 15 yrs and am on a very old style pump that has to be manually changed I was wondering more along the newer pumps, going onto insight early next month

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Smartphones take a network signal to tell them to adjust. Unless it is in a pump calendar somewhere, I'm not sure they would.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello Everyone! Have been thinking about the commencement of British Summer Time! Please remember to change your 24 hr clock on your Insulin Pumps and Blood Glucose Monitors (presuming they don't change automatically!!)
No they don't change automatically, you need to adjust as late as possible before bed time. Which is normal time for lowest basal section :)

Poppy2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No they don't change automatically, you need to adjust as late as possible before bed time. Which is normal time for lowest basal section :)
Thank you! Both pump and glucose monitor manually changed

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
:( Mrs DeeJay put our bedside clock forward last night so she would get up in time to go kayaking, and it's a "smart" clock which adjusts itself at midnight, so there I was putting the kettle on at 6.30am on a Sunday morning :mad:
If I had a pump I know where I'd stick it
Oops, only joking, dear

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just thought whilst on the subject of times etc, I also take 2x500 metformin 1 at 12 midday and 1 at 10pm "yes I know it's strange times but it's always been this as no-one told me when to take it" it's never really fazed me before I've always taken them same time whether clocks go back or forward just wondered if anyone does the same or should I be altering things?

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had to change mine manually as well, don't think I did it until a bit later in the morning.

I did think though, my body needs more basal in the morning would that not just stay the same or does your body just adjust to the times your getting up?

I am on a basal of 1.0 p/hr from 05:30am - 9am, thats now like 06:30-10 since the clocks have changed but I assume you don't have to worry about that?