FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm curious about those who have had skin irritation problems. How soon did they present and was there irritation around the sensor.

At the moment I am 24 hours in with my first sensor and, touch wood, have seen no issues at all so hopefully I am one of the lucky ones.
The sensor itself seem to read consistently between 1.5-20mmol/l lower than blood glucose even allowing 10 to 15 minutes for the lag. All in all I'm really quite impressed.

Good luck to those of you that are having skin issues with the adhesive.

/A

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh well my 1st one inserted 30 mins ago
It stung/hurt about 2/10 (on a scale 10=unbearable) when I inserted it
Still stinging now 1/10
no visible blood

Not sure how long I should wait to activate it

I have a bad feeling about this :¬(

Activate as soon as its on. I do and have never had issues. I always drink a few glasses of water before applying a sensor so that my interstitial fluids are good

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A few days ago, I posted on here relating my frustration at being out of UK during the one week buying window (and a few more beyond). I emailed Abbott asking them to reallocate my slot, as it hurts almost as much that someone else is missing out.

I had a reply this morning in which Abbott confirmed that unfortunately, they were unable to reallocate my buying slot, but that I should keep their email and contact them on my return to UK, when they will help me.

This might be useful for anyone for whom the timing is not ideal, when it is offered to them?

I'll be joining the Libre wearers when I get back to UK, for sure!

That is encouraging :¬)

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my 1st overnight readings showed me some info I expected about 2am BS went to 3.5 liver kicked in and had a steady climb to 6.0 when I woke up (seems to have over reacted but what do I know) silly livers :¬)

Finally get to see this dawn phenomenon in action :¬)

The clocks going forward has shown a bug up in the software it refuses to show me all the graph data before the time I set the reader to +1 hour at 10am this morning but...

It still shows up in the pdf things

Anyone else seen this?

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Libre just arrived, shipped from France in less than 48 hours from initial order.

Good work Abbot!

All set up and sensor in, going to give it 24 hours before I activate... If I can hold out that long haha.

You do not have to lete a sensor settle in before activating.
I been on the FL for 6 months now and i activate as soon as its in. NEVER had issues.

bekhh01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
my 1st overnight readings showed me some info I expected about 2am BS went to 3.5 liver kicked in and had a steady climb to 6.0 when I woke up (seems to have over reacted but what do I know) silly livers :¬)

Finally get to see this dawn phenomenon in action :¬)

The clocks going forward has shown a bug up in the software it refuses to show me all the graph data before the time I set the reader to +1 hour at 10am this morning but...

It still shows up in the pdf things

Anyone else seen this?
Yes, same for me. Adjusting the time gives the FSL the 'creeps'.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, same for me. Adjusting the time gives the FSL the 'creeps'.
I just realised although the graph after the scan forgets the preceding data if you look at the "Daily Graph" it seems to be showing ok with a 1 hour gap :¬)
At least I don't need the pdf report to see the info now :¬)

Andy_P

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm curious about those who have had skin irritation problems. How soon did they present and was there irritation around the sensor.

At the moment I am 24 hours in with my first sensor and, touch wood, have seen no issues at all so hopefully I am one of the lucky ones.
The sensor itself seem to read consistently between 1.5-20mmol/l lower than blood glucose even allowing 10 to 15 minutes for the lag. All in all I'm really quite impressed.

/A
I'm afraid I didn't get any issues until about the 4th or 5th sensor and I think others who have had irritation problems have experienced the same sort of timescales. The irritation seems to be caused by the glue and is only evident under the sensor. If you search back through this thread you will see plenty of pictures that I and others have posted. You may be fine though as not everyone has suffered. I have got around my issue by using a Compeed Blister plaster.

Reactions: 4 people

buckley8219

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You do not have to lete a sensor settle in before activating.
I been on the FL for 6 months now and i activate as soon as its in. NEVER had issues.

Yes, mine was accurate straight away.

I drink about four litres of water a day, so not sure if that helps.

dm9759

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Sorry if this has already been asked (would take forever to go through all 133 pages!).. Does anyone know how to order these as the website says out of stock and has done for a while but people on here still seem to be ordering them? Thanks :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi,
Sorry if this has already been asked (would take forever to go through all 133 pages!).. Does anyone know how to order these as the website says out of stock and has done for a while but people on here still seem to be ordering them? Thanks :)
Starter packs are out of stock and if you are not registered already you can't order. Best get signed up to the waiting list...

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

/A

All was good until sensor number 5 and then 'BAM' full on skin reaction - after that I have had the same reaction to every sensor and it takes about two months to properly heal. So I've been on enforced Libre breaks. I've never had a skin reaction to any other product or adhesive.

Smidge

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All was good until sensor number 5 and then 'BAM' full on skin reaction - after that I have had the same reaction to every sensor and it takes about two months to properly heal. So I've been on enforced Libre breaks. I've never had a skin reaction to any other product or adhesive.

Smidge
Good to know. Will see how I get on in a couple of months then :)

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My sensor has just started reading high. Day 5 of 14. It's usually 2-3mmol higher than finger prick test. I've tried 3 different meters and know it's the Libre. Very frustrating because I feel like I can't trust it now!

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Annoying, but that happens. Grit your teeth, it'll probably get better. If it doesn't for three days, call Abbott. Use the trend data tho.

Reactions: 2 people

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Annoying, but that happens. Grit your teeth, it'll probably get better. If it doesn't for three days, call Abbott. Use the trend data tho.
Thanks Lucy. I'll see how it goes. It's so annoying though - kind of undermines the whole point of it and although the reports etc. generated by the software are awesome they're not much use if the data is all wrong! At least it's running pretty much exactly 2-3 mmol higher each time and is not all over the place. Big difference between being 3mmol and 6mmol though, which is what happened last night. Started feeling shaky and hypo but Libre was telling me I was 6.4mmol so assumed I was fine. Shaking got worse so I did a finger prick and it was 2.9 mmol!

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Lucy. I'll see how it goes. It's so annoying though - kind of undermines the whole point of it and although the reports etc. generated by the software are awesome they're not much use if the data is all wrong! At least it's running pretty much exactly 2-3 mmol higher each time and is not all over the place. Big difference between being 3mmol and 6mmol though, which is what happened last night. Started feeling shaky and hypo but Libre was telling me I was 6.4mmol so assumed I was fine. Shaking got worse so I did a finger prick and it was 2.9 mmol!

My 1st sensor was broken
My 2nd is very scary - its Exactly the same as finger prick now (day 3)

who knows what's in store though :¬)
I get the feeling if you get good insertion you get good readings and
if it hits some anatomy it works badly (capillary node muscle etc.)
I think my 1st one hit muscle and that was the end of that one.

of course im just guessing I don't know nothing me :¬)

So im targeting saggy baggy areas that must have fluid in abundance from now on (because this one worked)
Sorry if that was a bit eeeeewwwww! :¬)

Reactions: 2 people

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My 1st sensor was broken
My 2nd is very scary - its Exactly the same as finger prick now (day 3)

who knows what's in store though :¬)
I get the feeling if you get good insertion you get good readings and
if it hits some anatomy it works badly (capillary node muscle etc.)
I think my 1st one hit muscle and that was the end of that one.

of course im just guessing I don't know nothing me :¬)

So im targeting saggy baggy areas that must have fluid in abundance from now on (because this one worked)
Sorry if that was a bit eeeeewwwww! :¬)
Yeah, I'm not sure what's happened with this one .... it was also scarily in-line with my finger pricks but now has suddenly been running high. Not sure if I've hit it or something :-/