Weight loss

kate78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why is it Dr's always put weight down to medical problems? Since being diagnosed type 2 almost 2yrs ago now I have lost almost 3st and yet now I have a hip complaint due to having a trapped nerve earlier on this year, my gp has said its due to my weight and need to lose more. No well done in loosing weight steadily, just lose more.....any helps in loosing weight and keeping it off a bit faster than I have been so that I can get movement back in my hip please.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Why is it Dr's always put weight down to medical problems? Since being diagnosed type 2 almost 2yrs ago now I have lost almost 3st and yet now I have a hip complaint due to having a trapped nerve earlier on this year, my gp has said its due to my weight and need to lose more. No well done in loosing weight steadily, just lose more.....any helps in loosing weight and keeping it off a bit faster than I have been so that I can get movement back in my hip please.
I find that it's either because you're overweight, female or of a certain age!!!

kate78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well yes, I'm definitely female, overweight but I'm only 36 lol

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. A low-carb diet is the way to reduce both weight and blood sugar. It sounds like you have already had some success at weight loss so keep at it and well done.

kate78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just feels like I've hit a brick wall though, I rarely eat bread, and if I do its 50/50 coz the kids don't like wholemeal so we compromise with that. But I guess its all the other carbs