BS readings

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I only managed to take two readings today as I was caring for my mum who is disabled,

On waking 8.3
Before bed 8.2

I will be back to testing properly tomorrow. Also, should be receiving delivery of bathroom scales tomorrow so I can see my starting statistics to getting on top of my health issues.

Reactions: 6 people

tyroler

my BS readings first thing in the mornings are still high of around 13
over the past 3 days pre lunch and pre tea have been around 8.1 and 2 hours later around 11.1
these are so much lower then they have been
Liver changes Proteine over Neight into Sugar !

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 31st

Breakfast: Before 5.5, After 5.7
Lunch: Before 4.4, After 5.3
Dinner: Before 5.4, Seduced by sleep, no testing :)

Reactions: 8 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all,

Figures for today are:

Breakfast: 7.2/7.1
Lunch: 7.1/7.3
Dinner: 7.0/6.3

Did receive the weighing scales and it is not pretty, up over 4 stones from what I should be

Reactions: 2 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1st April

Breakfast: Before 4.7, After 4.8
Lunch: Before 4.4, After 5.5
Dinner: Before 4.4, After 4.6
Bedtime: 5.0

Reactions: 5 people

davetee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't tested mine for some time...I just take my medicine when required. This morning after I woke up it was 12.2

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@davetee exactly why you should be monitoring your levels regularly, I dont do all day but I definitely do my fasting and before and after dinner just to know the trend.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats a great result, I dont know what my cholestrol is to be honest, the doc did not even want to do the a1c, I had to force him to do it. But I am due full bloods after I finish my ND, just planned it that way as if I ask for a full blood, he will never do it, looks like he pays from his pocket for the tests, I dont know how it works inside the nhs but I really dont get support from him, worst part is that the other one near my house is even worse so I have to persist.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats a great result, I dont know what my cholestrol is to be honest, the doc did not even want to do the a1c, I had to force him to do it. But I am due full bloods after I finish my ND, just planned it that way as if I ask for a full blood, he will never do it, looks like he pays from his pocket for the tests, I dont know how it works inside the nhs but I really dont get support from him, worst part is that the other one near my house is even worse so I have to persist.

I know it's so difficult getting any real help for a lot of us, and I have found since I have started to take control they don't seem to like that either. Especially when I question them about it. My Dr told me that I should be aiming for a HbA1C result of between 48 and 53 - when I asked him why, the only reason he could give is the NICE guidelines!! So I think we both need to do what is best for us. Good Luck with the ND :)