Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

PunkyRob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks to everyone who has posted replies on here to my post. It is nice to know that people seem to care. I will post my insulin levels and blood sugar results on here tomorrow night. Once again thanks for the responses.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Thanks to everyone who has posted replies on here to my post. It is nice to know that people seem to care. I will post my insulin levels and blood sugar results on here tomorrow night. Once again thanks for the responses.

Good Rob.

Are working days different to weekends/holidays?

You're definitely not alone here. We all want you improving... Have a good Bank hol Fri!!

Shirl Bill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. I am Rob, from Weymouth in Dorset. I have been a person with Diabetes for nearly 27 years and am really struggling to control my blood sugar levels. I get very stressed by the randomness of them and have just about given up trying with it. My diabetes control has never been great but it has really got to the point where I don't know what to do anymore. The more I do my blood sugar tests the more it plays on my mind how out of control it is. I have seen many different Doctors down the years and they all seem to say something different, I have had nurses say something different to what a Doctor has told me, not five minutes before and even a Dietician telling me that I should only take 2 units of Novorapid before my lunch, whilst at work, I did try this and ended up with blood sugar level sin the thirties. What do I do next. I have also started to get small black dots in front of my eyes and muscle aches in my joints during the day. At my wits end, please help me if someone can.
Thanks.
Rob.
Hi rob I take Metformin 500g 4 times a day I'm type 2 these tabs have lowered my sugar levels

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi rob I take Metformin 500g 4 times a day I'm type 2 these tabs have lowered my sugar levels

Far diiferent situatiom for a type 1 if a few decades... And it is very difficult to tighten the reigns than by taking 4 metformin tablets...

Sorry, sounds harsh, but Rob as a struggling type 1 is really needing ways from type 1's to help him.

It is a struggle for a T1 to regain better levels.. We can't jyst add a tablet...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@donnellysdogs, in fairness to Shirl Bill type 1's can take Metformin to help with insulin resistance, some members of this forum take this drug to help with their diabetes management.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@donnellysdogs, in fairness to Shirl Bill type 1's can take Metformin to help with insulin resistance, some members of this forum take this drug to help with their diabetes management.

Yep, I agree. Sorry. I did think I sounded a bit hard to be honest... Sorry...

Reactions: 2 people

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
@forge, the OP is a type 1 so there's no chance that he can come off insulin, also insulin doses can be adjusted by one unit and even by a half in some cases, just thought I'd point this out.
Thanks @nobleIhead for pointing theT1 T2 out

I only tell what my experience is and it is up to anyone to see how it applies to them.

I am not qualified to give advice but I can state fact.

Reactions: 2 people