The Truth About Fat BBC One

G

gemma6549

I watched it but sadly didn't really learn much, some fats are good some are bad, blah blah

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit to PC. They failed to mention that fat actually produce hormone (more than 20 different). Didn't distinguish between different PUFAs, like inflammatory promoter omega 6 and anti-inflammatory omega 3, probably to complicated for any of those in the program. The dietitian not updated on new fat science, just like most. And the obese (yes 43% body fat is obese) doctor that didn't dare to change a thing, would be happy to take under my wings and change her life forever. :D

Reactions: 4 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think those of us on low carb diets might know a bit more than the general population about fats, but on the whole I thought it was a good programme. Yes they might have missed a few things out, but in 1 hour there's a limit to what they could show.
The bit that showed the dietitian not updated on new fat science confused me a bit too, but it was immediately followed by them showing the new science.
I would have liked to see the same people follow a week of lchf to see the difference, but I guess that would have taken too long too.