Got My Test Results Today

sandymaynard

Hi Jeenie,
Firstly don't panic about the weight gain! Alot of people do a yo yo effect, Lose and gain a little but here and there!
Thing is i don't know much about the blood tests! I am sure there will before long who will know more!
Have you changed your diet in any way?
Could some of weight gain be to water retention? I know my mum gets water retention she ends up on pills for it every so often!
Don't be disheartened I am behind you! I believe in you! You are having a little bit of a rough patch at the minute! This will pass we all get it from time to time!
Please don't worry, Have you been going through stress of late as that can put blood tests up as well!
We are all here for you!
Sandy

jeenie1940

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Sandy, nice to meet you, thanks for the support, and those kind words,
i have read some of your posts, and see you have a lot going on,
just take care of yourself
Luv Jeenie

sandymaynard

Hi Jeenie,
It is time like these that we need support! I have recived alot of support off people here! I am so glad that i found this forum!
It is true don't give up! Any weight loss is good, we all gain that little back to lose again!
Sandy

jeenie1940

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sandy maynard said:
Hi Jeenie,
It is time like these that we need support! I have received a lot of support off people here! I am so glad that i found this forum!
It is true don't give up! Any weight loss is good, we all gain that little back to lose again!
Sandy
Hi Sandy,
Yes you are so right, i feel i do need Support, ( i see there as been 80 odd views to my post ,but, no feedback) apart from your kind self, ( that's not to say ,i have'nt had any support previously, Cos i have, and i very much appreciate it,)and i know ,its all so complicated, i wish after 13 months i could be posting in the success forum, and giving some help to the newbies. but how can i help anyone else when i cant help my self
I am feeling, that maybe, its because, i,m 69yrs old,and that my no,s are not so bad , that my weight is ok, no worries there, now, Compared with a lot of others on here, Needless to say, i am struggling to get my numbers down, i want to get to 5,s some of my no,s are lowish on 1hour test ,and higher on 2 hours test . My visit with the diabetic nurse did'nt go well, she as the same views as the rest of them ,in the practice ,it seems, eat carbs , no need to test , take simvastatin, as i said before, if i don't ask for help, on here where else do i go

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Jeenie,
I think after all your hard work in getting control with your HbA1c of 6.1, you should have posted in the success stories thread many would be envious of your achievements. Your total chol seems a bit high but looking at your lipids LDL 2.41 HDL 2.8 Trigs 1.0 I'm no expert but they look pretty good to me.

Best Wishes
Graham

sandymaynard

Hi Jeanie,
You are a sucess story! Think about it this way! You have got your numbers down! That if anything is a sucess is it not?
Okay feeling is normal! You are doing well! Never think that you are not! You sound like a very positive person! You don't have problem with your weight!
You have alot to share with the newbie's! You have your postive attitude to share!
I know that there are times where you will feel down I know that i have times when i feel very down! Stupid thing is most diabeties clinics run on the thoughts of give high amounts of carbs and let them get on with it!
This is where I am lucky my doctor and and diabeties nurse agree that the low carb is working for me!
I know that sometimes it feels like nobody is there but I am here! You are a success and never think otherwise! We all have our little part to play!
I get very down at times! But then i think of happier thoughts and pull myself back up! My fiancee's 50th is next week have been busy planning a day out for us! As we are not having a party! We want to spend it togther!
You see this last year has been a year from hell! He had a motorbike accident that fractured all but 2 of his ribs! He didnot want to stay in hospital i nursed him at home helped him learn to walk again!
All the time hiding the fact that my eyesight was getting bad! Then to top it all being diagnoised with diabeties! My Gp said that i should be down! I asked why? I syill have my fiancee and he is still here! But as of august of last year he was able to drive again!
What i am trying to say is that we all have down times and we all have up times! when i am down i try to pull on the good thoughts! I just hope that you can find the good thoughts to pull on when you are down!
I must admit i only go low on numbers when i am, heading into a hypo! I am sure that you will get into the 5 club! You sound a positive person!
Sandy

MichelleP

Hi Jeenie,

An HbA1c of 6.1 is great, and because your HDL level is nearly has high as your LDL I really don't think you should give yourself a hard time about that either!!

I have type 1 so am generally not discouraged by my docs from testing. But what I would say is that testing is fine, but it's what you do with that information that counts. Do you keep a diary of your blood sugars, food and exercise, so that you can identify patterns? Maybe you could try picking out which tests are the most useful to you and then stop the rest, eg just test before and 2hrs after eating, and before and after exercise?

Personally I think over testing can add to your stress levels, not to mention if you're buying products off ebay rather than getting them from your GP it must be costing a fortune!!

I think you should give yourself a pat on the back. And relax, you're doing great!

All the best
Mcihelle

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Jeenie.

As the others have said, you are doing well.

Don't beat yourself up about it ? You can only do so much and it appears that what you are doing is coming along fine. Low numbers are good but don't lose any sleep because they aren't as low as some others here. Yours is a success story.

:D Ken.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Take it easy, Jeenie - those numbers are fine. I'd bet they are a lot better than a wjole load on non-diabetics out there!

I'm very jealous of your numbers - especially the trigs!

Keep doing what you're doing, because it's working!

jeenie1940

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks guys and gals, for all your kind words and comments
was feeling a bit down, what ,with one thing another, wont bore you with the details,
other stuff, not related to diabetes , surffice to say getting it sorted
T C Luv to all xx