Introduction

POO`s 2

Dislikes
Not keen on Chocolate cakes or biscuits (except Plain Hob-Nobs!
Hi everyone,

It has taken me quite a time to pluck up courage to say hello!. I`m still finding it difficult to come to terms with being diagnosed type 2 so have a lot to learn. I was advised by my GP to come on to this site to gain information. Also that I should make an appointment for the "Desmond" Day Clinic. Has anyone been to this day clinic and if so could you tell me what benefits I am likely to receive? I am told that I can`t have an appointment until the middle of September which seems a long way off before getting any help or information. :roll:

In anticipation of your replies POO`s 2 Gosport.

Spiral

Welcome! There is lots of information here. I have learned loads and I think i have a much better grip on my blood sugar as a result.

POO`s 2

Dislikes
Re Treading the Boards

Thanks Spiral for your prompt response. I will have to "tread the boards" of this site and see what is on offer to help me. Good Luck with your progress.
Poo`s 2 Gosport :D

salsasue

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D I am sure you'll find all the information and help you'll need here, have recently joined here myself and is a great friendly forum with so many helpful people! :D Sorry to say I'm not familiar with the "Desmond" Day you speak of :oops: but am sure you'll be able to find something in relation to it here if nowhere else!

all the best, Sue

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
POO`s 2 said:
Hi everyone,

It has taken me quite a time to pluck up courage to say hello!. I`m still finding it difficult to come to terms with being diagnosed type 2 so have a lot to learn. I was advised by my GP to come on to this site to gain information. Also that I should make an appointment for the "Desmond" Day Clinic. Has anyone been to this day clinic and if so could you tell me what benefits I am likely to receive? I am told that I can`t have an appointment until the middle of September which seems a long way off before getting any help or information. :roll:

In anticipation of your replies POO`s 2 Gosport.

Hi POO's2.

Here is a link to the Gosport DESMOND information.

http://www.desmond-project.org.uk/westkent.html

Just click on the links down the side for more info.
Hope that helps.

Ken.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya poos and welcome to the forum :D

Reetpetite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Crowds, traffic jams, pollution, housework
Hi Poo'2,

Welcome!

I was recently diagnosed too but since finding this forum have managed to get my bg levels down from 12.5 to weekly average of 5.6. There is loads of information and helpful people out there - so ask any questions you like - even if they sound silly - someone will have an answer.

I haven't been on a Desmond day yet either - still waiting to hear when I can attend. I've learnt more from this site in the few short weeks since I have been diagnosed than from anywhere else so keep searching.

Rita

POO`s 2

Dislikes
Re: Desmond Day Clinic

Hi Sue, Ken, totsy and Rita. Thank you all for your responses. Thanks Ken for providing the link to Desmond. I have been on the site and now have a bit more of an idea of what to expect in September when I attend my appointment. I will keep you informed as to how I get on. Meanwhile I will be trawling this site for all the knowledge I can get. I do have quite a few questions that I would appreciate answeres to, but for now they will keep for another time. Wishing you all the best in your progress of keeping this condition under control.

Poo`s 2 Gosport