weight reducing pills ??

rolyatluap

I am struggling to shift weight due to a complex busy lifestyle but I am pretty sure by self testing my type2 diet controlled diabetes will be soon tablet controlled on my next test next month as it seems to be getting higher at a scary rate ,but I was discussing my position with a body builder work collegue and he suggested some weight losing pills I am not too sure I even want to go down that route but does anyone know if the risks are increased when your a diabetic .
thanks paul

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Paul.

Can you give us the name of these pills ? We might be able to give you an answer then ?

Ken.

sixfoot

Roly from your post............busy lifestyle........T2 Diabetes...........rising BS.......Weight gain.

The fact that you are concerned and asking questions is a good start. If you do take weightloss pills will you make any changes to complement them or carry on as you are at present.
You would need to aswer this question in order to make any assessment of potential risk.

Good luck
Dave P

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi Roly
you sound like an ideal candidate for the controversial carb reducing lifestyle. Would help with all your problems. Weight loss pills can be dangerous and anyway, why use any moe pharmaceuicals? If you go on Gliclazide, you'll very likely not lose and might very well gain more.
Reduced carb diets, help control BG, help weight loss and give you masses of energy( after getting into the swing of it) It's easy to fit in to a busy lifestyle , because once you know what you're doing, it beomes second nature.
give it a try

rolyatluap

hi in regards to the name of the pills I will confirm when I return to work on monday but I have a suspision they are not over the counter type ,as I havent said I want any yet due to the risks they might have I didnt act too keen to the gentlemen himself but I know they are a short usage type and and sound like they are called effi something but I am looking at this is a last chance avenue and may never happen because in life something that sounds too good never really is...I may just have to do it another way but this forum has certainly opened my eyes to lots already (unlike the high carb diet the docs told me)

ah well I think I just read this back and realised how silly it is to buy something without knowing really anything about it thanks for that sorry for wasting time : -)

Thirsty

Sounds like Ephedrine or something similar. I'd be very cautious with this stuff, as it acts very much like amphetamines (speed), isn't recommended for diabetics, and can cause some very unpleasant side-effects.

As you rightly say, body builders aren't the best people to ask for medical advice...