Red itchy bumps

debbiiee

Red itchy bumps have appeared almost all over limbs sparing the trunk. Sugars are all over the place. I Don't know if its allergic reaction. Feeling irritated... Anybody can offer any temporary solution right now??

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First don't scratch the bumps .. Second .. Pop down to a duty chemist that's open over the holls ( Mr Google will help you fine one) and see if they can identify the bumps. Failing this wait for a drs appointment .. There are many things that can cause bumps .. A cool damp cloth can be put saftley over the bumps to take the heat way and possabley relieve the itching.. Hope your feeling better soon

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
What insulin are you using ?
What have you eaten ? Shellfish ? Nuts ?
Check your blood sugars if high ?

If you are using Levemir insulin - it can cause red itchy site areas .
Preservatives in the insulin can cause this reaction with 'some' persons .
Did this with me (my first attempts with it)

I recently had shingles with raised BG for couple of weeks with them .
They were all over my body following my nervous system .
Visually red raised swollen spots grouped up together and VERY painful too .
These can take weeks/months to go - as I am finding out :(

If you are in pain or having any breathing problem - I suggest to seek a doctors advice .

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

debbiiee

Thank you everyone. I can't help scratching. Got up in the middle of sleep with intense desire to scratch... Morning I am going to see doctor.

debbiiee

I did eat a lot of chocolates over the past 2 days. Had squid 2 days back. Can this be a reason? I am not allergic to anything so far as I know:(

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't get food allergies, as far as I know .. But the wife often will .. Chocolate ..strawberries.. Oranges .. Herbs like Rosemary or sage ... Then non foods like washing powders that are perfumed .. Air freshener sprays .. The list goes on ....
But honestly it could be anything causing this .. This is why you need to get it looked at ...

debbiiee

The GP that I showed asked to take cetirizine tablets. Itching has reduced but couldn't get the sugars into control... All readings are above 160mg/dl inspire of increasing the bolus twice as usual dose

debbiiee

Its doubted cutaneous vasculitis. Investigations tomorrow. I may be put on steroids... Feeling stressed

debbiiee

Hi everyone... The itchiness had gone and bumps are reduced... It was said as bedbug bite allergy at last and i was put on antiallergic medications. Sugars back in control.. Thank you for your support...