Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the past I went down to 15 grams of carbohydrates/ day and found it a bit limiting. Next I realised that I was sensitive to the amount of protein I ate.
I then got a few FBG readings of 72 mg/dl = 4 mmoles/l and this aroused a revival of ambitions to see if I could repeat it over some time ie that the results are real. So thats what I am doing at the moment, very low carbs, minimal protein and hight fat to keep the formulation iso caloric.
I do know that my upper limit for cabs is around 25 grams/ day which then gives a higher but still satisfactory FBG and post prandial results.I seem to be a chronic tweaker or tinkerer
Hola Pasha

If you've got the time (and inclination) would it be possible to let us know what you had to eat on a typical day on your new regime or would that have to be on a separate thread?

Reactions: 4 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning everyone. 6.2 this morning after a 5.6 bedtime reading.

Reactions: 10 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

Coming in wrong side of 7 at 7.1.

That's a swing of 2.1 high to low this week. John snow with his swingonemeter will be along in a minute!

Reactions: 7 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Can I ask you Mike? What is the huuuuuge trophy for?

@Susikav

Ask? Sure you can :)

It is the premiership cup (solid silver and 24 karat gold) won by my Australian Rules football team (Carlton) back in 1995. Carlton holds the record for the most cups won across 150 years of the competition and I got to hold this one and VERY few people do :)

My best Mike :)

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Why should the index finger be avoided?

Only because we use them and probably (maybe?) more than you might think. I NEVER use the index as I find mine are more sensitive .... typing etc.

I always use the fourth finger every day and switch to the third on alternate days :)

Reactions: 2 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hola Pasha

If you've got the time (and inclination) would it be possible to let us know what you had to eat on a typical day on your new regime or would that have to be on a separate thread?

Yes of course, but in another few hours, OK.

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 for me this morning... not ideal but lower than yesterday and I've now completed a full week with no gliclizide... :)

Reactions: 12 people

Reefshark64

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Apricots,
Monday 6.6 (Over did it on sundays food and carbs)
Tuesday 5.7
Wednesday 6.0
Thursday 6.1

Reactions: 8 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't you use a different finger every time? Does it make scar tissue if you use the same one? I have been using a different finger every time and a different hand every day - but never the index finger? Am I doing it wrong? :confused:

It takes time to get the technique right - I was all over the place at first. I am now able to use a conservative pressure setting on the lancer and any marks left usually disappear in 24 hours.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning - not good enough.Woke up to a bit of stress as some problems needed solving and I did allow myself some 85% cocoa solids dark chocolate last night before bed - is that to blame? Apart from that I had a very active day with a good walk down and back up the hill to the shops (just under an hour round trip) and I did 5 sessions of HIT, the first for about three weeks. Also certain my carbs were under 30g for the day. Lost 1.5bs since my return from travels last Friday too.

I should know this but is it important to test before bedtime like quite a few do here?

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
See my reply above. Some are OK with it, others are not. I use my indexes a LOT so no go for me as they are more sensitive. Everyone's different

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning - not good enough.Woke up to a bit of stress as some problems needed solving and I did allow myself some 85% cocoa solids dark chocolate last night before bed - is that to blame? Apart from that I had a very active day with a good walk down and back up the hill to the shops (just under an hour round trip) and I did 5 sessions of HIT, the first for about three weeks. Also certain my carbs were under 30g for the day. Lost 1.5bs since my return from travels last Friday too.

I should know this but is it important to test before bedtime like quite a few do here?

I always test at bedtime. It is important to me to see if my evening meal is completely back to normal, but mainly to see if my levels stay flat overnight. As I keep a lot of stats, I use the before bed and fasting reading differences. Currently, my average rise overnight (since 2nd March) is 0.2. That tells me I am not getting liver dumps on the whole.

Reactions: 10 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning 11.1 m&m/l

Going in the right direction but still far too high if you don't mind me saying so. I'd be nagging my surgery with numbers like these.

Again, if I may be so bold, what are you doing to get the numbers down? Apologies in advance if I am stepping over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.