Not open for further replies.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I'm new to this, so really am pretty clueless! I would like to give low carb a go and see how it works for me; I just struggle putting meals together!

You've come to the right place, someone will be along to help shortly, welcome :)

Reactions: 6 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yesterday
B & L same as day before
D doner kebab no pitta, jelly

Today so far
B bacon and 2 egg omelette
L same as yesterday with another boiled egg
D will be chicken in black pepper with red & yellow peppers, either jelly or young coconut

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Hi @Susikav, im ok if i only have a few peas, sweetcorn and carrots occassionally - not sure how many so might need to count them next time ;). My cauliflower hash brown is just cauli rice microwaved, add a beaten egg, mix, form into a hash brown shape :hilarious: and shallow fry in butter - not a potato in sight! :D
Sounds perfect to me... :) He really did count 26 peas - started a weird thread that went on and on... I like this forum... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Looks easy enough although I haven't got a food mixer, I've got a hand mixer stick thing, would that do it? And would it work without the cheese?
Hi
Hi @Mrsass, trying to find the recipe but no luck so far. Its basically a meatball. The original recipe was I think was a mix of pork and beef and contained cheese. I dont like cheese so mine is just beef mince, onion, pepper and an egg to bind. Make into small balls, oven cook, cool and freeze. Handy for a dose of protein and fat with no carbs. Not sure who posted originally, might have been @Brunneria who may be able to tell you where the recipe link is :)
You should be able to find all the recipes you need on the Low Carb Recipe thread... there's some wonderful stuff in there... aren't breakfast balls pork mince and stuff? I'd be interested to see the recipe again too... completely forgotten it... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Looks easy enough although I haven't got a food mixer, I've got a hand mixer stick thing, would that do it? And would it work without the cheese?
Hi - you shouldn't need a processor, or even a blender - it should be easy enough with a wooden spoon.. :) There are many lovely bread recipes http://divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com/2011/10/14/healthy-gluten-free-and-low-carb-bread/ is one of my favourites... it goes everywhere with me! I slice it and pop it into ziplock bags or tupperware... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm new to this, so really am pretty clueless! I would like to give low carb a go and see how it works for me; I just struggle putting meals together!
Hello MsButtercup.... welcome - some would say to the madhouse :) - there's a thread on the forum which is Low Carb Recipes, but if you look online and just type in low carb recipes, you will be overwhelmed with the amount there are... one of the best sites is All Day I Dream About Food... the lady is amazing, almost anything you have always eaten is there, but with very low carbs... it's a lovely site... If you look back a bit on this thread you can see what we're all eating from day to day... Good luck - and there are people on this site that can answer any questions you might have - even complicated stuff.... :) lots of support on here....

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been in bed with flu for 4 days - jab didn't work this year then!

On food foraging trip to kitchen 1 night was reduced to a bowl of Cheerios. Haven't eaten these for at least 2 years. Absolutely disgusting - sugar with a side order of salt. :sour:

Went out to doc's today and then went to ASDA for milk. Was stopped in my tracks by the fresh tuna on the fish counter. Tuna Nicoise for lunch - YUM! :hungry:

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mixed day to be honest
B. 2 boiled eggs, 2 bacon.
L. Curried cauliflower, boiled egg, cauliflower tortilla.
S. Really hungry, missing my soup and breakfast balls for lunch. Home mid afternoon, need to go shopping so not much in house, ended up with a homemade chip butty - small bread so could have been worse.
D. Chilli con carne with cauliflower rice, jelly n cream.
S. Couple of vodka and slimline tonics :happy:

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: back to my usual cereal mix porridge with soya milk with big spoonful of cashew butter stirred in.....mmm
Dinner: fried gammon, tomato and cheese omelette
Tea: ate out so a restrained portion of tinned lie, potatoes and marrowfat peas (6.2 post so no harm done)
Snacks: couple of lumps of cheese, 3 thin Gullon Cinnamon biscuits....gorgeous and could easily eat the packet but the three weren't even all at once.....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Almond muffin with Philly, prosciutto and avocado... espresso with cream
Same for lunch for some reason
Dinner is with friends and will be seafood pasta (without the pasta for me, but with a salad) and cream cake for them...
Hot chocolate with cream at bedtime...

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: porridge with big spoonful of cashew butter stirred in.....mmm

I am so going to try this with Whole Earth peanut butter! :)

Breakfast: porridge with nuts, a kiwi and strawberries.
Lunch: Salad of avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes, black olives and mozzarella dressed with extra virgin olive oil.
Dinner: Bolognese on courgette noodles with lots of grated parmesan.

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Early breakfast: a boiled egg
Brunch: out at a cafe - cheese and onion omelette, mushrooms on the side, bit of coleslaw and salad.
Snack: cashews, peanuts and almonds.
Dinner: courgette and swede spaghetti with red pesto, tuna, spring onion and cheddar. Courgette technique: put through veg twister and then baked in a low temp oven with a light smattering of salt, for about 20 mins while I twisted and wok-cooked the swede. Then I added the courgette to the wok and mixed in the rest I the ingredients for the time it took for the cheese to melt. Seemed to prevent mushy-ness, also I didn't add a liquids sauce.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1428772764.766213.jpg

Tonight I'm going to a drinks party so all bets are off.

Reactions: 10 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 3 sausages & 1 slice liflive toasted with butter (kids ate all my bacon!)
L som tam, stupidly ate a packet of salt n vinegar hula hoops, small piece of cheese (9.2 post, that'll teach me)
D 2 pieces of chicken in masaman curry, no potatoes though, whole young coconut (will be a staple this week as I bought 4) strawberries, raspberries & cream maybe some more cheese later.

@Susikav first trip to MV on Tuesday, I showed Sara your comments on here and she was truly touched by your kind thoughts and helpfulness, many thanks as her spirits seemed to be lifted at the moment, really appreciate your kindness xx

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Asda luncheon meat as went shopping as no food in house!.
L. 2 boiled eggs, 2 rasher bacon.
S. Coffee n cream.
D. Chicken breast, cauliflower rice, curried veg followed by jelly n cream.
S naughty dark chocolate kitkat. Post 2h bg 6.5

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
I worked a night shift last night so struggle to decide when yesterday ends and today starts. No breakfast as I was sleeping, grabbed some nuts to eat at the football. Teatime was normal ish so had cauliflower and broccoli a gratin. Have a cheese and egg salad and strawberries and cream for my night shift if I am hungry. Not very imaginative but I am happy with it.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Early breakfast: a boiled egg
Brunch: out at a cafe - cheese and onion omelette, mushrooms on the side, bit of coleslaw and salad.
Snack: cashews, peanuts and almonds.
Dinner: courgette and swede spaghetti with red pesto, tuna, spring onion and cheddar. Courgette technique: put through veg twister and then baked in a low temp oven with a light smattering of salt, for about 20 mins while I twisted and wok-cooked the swede. Then I added the courgette to the wok and mixed in the rest I the ingredients for the time it took for the cheese to melt. Seemed to prevent mushy-ness, also I didn't add a liquids sauce.

View attachment 12952

Tonight I'm going to a drinks party so all bets are off.
Brilliant! Thanks for the tip... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B 3 sausages & 1 slice liflive toasted with butter (kids ate all my bacon!)
L som tam, stupidly ate a packet of salt n vinegar hula hoops, small piece of cheese (9.2 post, that'll teach me)
D 2 pieces of chicken in masaman curry, no potatoes though, whole young coconut (will be a staple this week as I bought 4) strawberries, raspberries & cream maybe some more cheese later.

@Susikav first trip to MV on Tuesday, I showed Sara your comments on here and she was truly touched by your kind thoughts and helpfulness, many thanks as her spirits seemed to be lifted at the moment, really appreciate your kindness xx
We will all be thinking of you both... such a hard time to go through, but you seem so strong and happy - you obviously give each other nourishment... :) Good luck, and I'll be burning the house down with the candles for you...

S

Sable_Jan

Almond muffin with Philly, prosciutto and avocado... espresso with cream
Same for lunch for some reason
Dinner is with friends and will be seafood pasta (without the pasta for me, but with a salad) and cream cake for them...
Hot chocolate with cream at bedtime...
Was looking at the recipe for those last night when I made my chia seed pudding for supper.....I've printed a few recipes on same sheet...

S

Sable_Jan

Addition to yesterday was choc chia pudding for supper..
Breakfast today cold chia pudding with squirty cream
Dinner: rest of yesterday's leek & broccoli frittata
Tea: will be yesterday's biryani with rice

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Addition to yesterday was choc chia pudding for supper..
Breakfast today cold chia pudding with squirty cream
Dinner: rest of yesterday's leek & broccoli frittata
Tea: will be yesterday's biryani with rice

Are you losing weight on this regime, Jan, or have you decided just to enjoy your new way of eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.