No luck this time

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Time of the month has arrived today, so no luck this month. I've bought a load of ovulation strips because I have no idea when I ovulate. I've read about the signs but don't have any. It's only the second month of trying so I'm not to bothered yet. Just a little disappointed and knew you people would understand.

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Time of the month has arrived today, so no luck this month. I've bought a load of ovulation strips because I have no idea when I ovulate. I've read about the signs but don't have any. It's only the second month of trying so I'm not to bothered yet. Just a little disappointed and knew you people would understand.

Hi vicjord

My son is 18 now, but after suffering a miscarriage before I conceived with him, I was obsessed with getting pregnant as quickly as possible. I got myself an ovulation thermometer, & the first thing I did every morning, even before getting out of bed, was take my temperature. I then plotted this on a graph. I was looking for the spike indicating I was ovulating. I also used an ovulation kit, which though expensive, gave me some reassurance that I was actually ovulating every month. Following this regime helped me identify my most fertile time, then it was doing the deed with the help of my hubby. Weak knees all round for those few magic fertile days every month. But, as unromantic & clinical as it sounds, I was lucky to become pregnant again within 3 months. So, the morning regime of temperature taking etc was worth the effort. I have to admit, my husband & I had actually decided to wait 6 months before attempting to get pregnant again. As it happens, it was too late & I found I was already pregnant. But in hindsight, I think I would have been wise letting my body & mind heal after the miscarriage. I do hope you won't be too hard on yourself, & don't worry too much about not yet becoming pregnant. Two months of trying is very brief. Maybe research it a little more. I wish you tons of luck.

Ali. X

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your reply. How much does your temperature go up when you ovulate? Its a struggle to get pregnant and a struggle to stay pregnant. Miscarriage happens alot more than we know. II will keep researching and trying. X

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Thanks for your reply. How much does your temperature go up when you ovulate? Its a struggle to get pregnant and a struggle to stay pregnant. Miscarriage happens alot more than we know. II will keep researching and trying. X

It's not a huge spike. Maybe 0.5 to 1.0 degree. But when you plot each morning on a graph, or even just write it down in a diary, you'll establish a pattern & will see the obvious spike. At that stage, use your ovulation kit to confirm you're at your most fertile. Check out the following website & search "Ovulation." It's a start. Good luck hun.
Ali. X
www.babycentre.co.uk

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@vicjord I got an app called Glow and it's really good for telling you the most fertile times, things to check & watch out for etc

Also just because you've got your period doesn't mean your not pregnant, I still got mine x

jade88

Hi vicjord I used an online ovulation calculator on baby med - it pin point your 6 best days and the day your ovulating! We tried to make sure we had intercourse about 3 or 4 times during that 6 day period (easier said than done!)
I know how you are feeling it's hard not to get your hopes up and then feel disappointed when it doesn't happen! Good luck I'm sure you will get the result your hoping for very soon! xxx

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@vicjord I got an app called Glow and it's really good for telling you the most fertile times, things to check & watch out for etc

Also just because you've got your period doesn't mean your not pregnant, I still got mine x
Really? One thing I've noticed and which has never happened before. I've had sore boobs at night i can't get comfy in bed especially at the sides. That's what made me think i might be.

cleo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to control effects of stress on blood sugars
Hi Vicjord, bleeding around the time of your period is more common than you think so it is possible to confuse it for a period. Or you could have a very early miscarriage (chemical pregnancy) where the egg fertilises but doesn't implant properly. (A positive pg test getting lighter each day could point to this).

Ovulation tests detect pregnancy hormone if you dont have any pg tests in house and want to put mind at ease. We tried for years so know how disappointing it is when period arrives, and I had several phantom pregnancies along the way which could explain the sore boobs/not getting comfy (or just good old pms!)

Tried charting but didnt really work for me, as you have to take temp at same time / before you get up etc and I was forever getting up through night to go to loo / let cat out etc which meant reading wasn't accurate. And when I first started attending infertility clinic they gave me a row for it - said it caused more worry than anything.

That said, another thing you can try is doing lh tests more than once a day - mine often peaked in afternoon and would be gone the next morning. (I just bought the cheapies off a well known website starting with A...)

Docs generally say it can take a year for a healthy couple to get pregnant, but if you still don't have any signs / surges on lh sticks / evidence of temperature rises after 6 months, maybe ask GP to test hormone levels? There may be drugs available to help you ovulate if need be, but I'm not a doctor and don't know your history so cant say more than that!

Good luck!

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the info. I think its definitely time of the month Though. The time limit scares me as I'm 39 in November. we said we would stop at 40 i might end up with a puppy instead.X

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I kept track of my cycles for about 8 months before we started trying - I didn't do charting or temperatures but I found I had a pretty regular cycle (anywhere from 27-33 days) and my sure-fire sign was the egg-white cervical mucus (EWCM) - but sounds like you haven't notice that sign in yourself. I don't think everyone experiences it, but it was very regular for me once I started paying attention. If you have a regular cycle and notice the EWCM it's a lot easier than charting and temps, but if you don't getting the testers and getting a little more in depth may be necessary.

For me, it usually happened around day 12-15 of my cycle, and from what I read the days you have the EWCM and the following 2-3 days were the best chance of catching ovulation. Sure enough when we tried I had the EWCM on a Thurs and Fri, and we didn't get around to trying until Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Two weeks later I got the positive test.

ETA: I didn't realize I experienced EWCM until I actually started looking for it - so its possible its happening for you, but you just haven't noticed yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi still no luck with pregnancy. I've done ovulation strips every month and they have told me I do ovulate, but nothings happening yet. wish there was an easier way. Anyway better luck next month. X