Low carb pasta online

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
It has just come to my attention that the following site does not charge postage on their orders -
http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.co.uk/diet-for-diabetes.html, whereas another website offering low carb pasta for diabetics (sorry cannot remember which one off hand) sells Dreamfields Pasta at the same price as the Dreamfields Pasta, but charges postage and packing fees. My advice is to check before parting with your money! :idea:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Not only no P&P, but they accept Pay Pal which means I don't have to get my wallet out of my handbag to get out my card. I've ordered the 5 variety trial pack.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
hanadr said:
Not only no P&P, but they accept Pay Pal which means I don't have to get my wallet out of my handbag to get out my card. I've ordered the 5 variety trial pack.
Me too :D

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Just a word of warning with Dreamfields pasta. It is only low carb as long as you cook it EXACTLY as it says on the packet - so that it is al-dente. If it is overcooked, even slightly so, the non-digestible starch becomes digestible and will convert to glucose just like any other pasta.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Thanks Dennis for the warning. I've had it several times. I love it. I used to take a half hour bus ride ( free with OAP bus pass) to Wokingham to buy it. The 56g dry weight portion is quite generous too.

descartesmum

I love it and am so glad that I can get it here. I used to stock up with it when I visited my family in New Jersey. I just regret that we aren't offered money off coupons as the Americans are.

yipster29

ooh I've been a pasta free zone up til now!!! I'm going to give this a try!! Thanks for the cooking warning too... has been known for me to over cook things a tad at times :D :oops:

HpprKM

Dislikes
I know, it is great isn't it :?: I love pasta :wink:

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Pasta. I thought we couldn't eat this. Is this stuff different then ?

D.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Apparently it is, has low Gi index or something, but it seems you need to heed the warning above on how to cook it :wink:

HpprKM

Dislikes
Re: Low carb Dreamfields recipes

Just in case you are not on the Dreamfields newsletter list, here is the link to their recipe for summer page with some really nice suggestions to be found:

http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/recipes-results-salads.html

Good food does not have to be boring :lol:

yipster29

Pasta received and tried.... BG 2 hours after Carbonara with only 1 unit Novorapid... 7.1!!!

Welcome back Pasta dishes... I've missed you!!! :D

(never before in the history of man has the cooking of Pasta been so religiously timed and watched over Ken... :) )