need info and help

michelle lilly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
religion, politics, DIABETES....
Not sure if am in the right place so sorry if am posting this wrong, I am type 1 brittle diebetic for 18 years now and have a list of complications, but the problem is not that, I h a d a serious car crash three years ago and was very poorly after the crash I had a mri scan which was ok so the let me go home, however after a few days the pain increased through out my body and I was rushed back to hospital I was hospitalized for four months they said I had a nervous breakdown as I was very confused and had many many problems plus they could not stabilize my diabetes, I new myself this was not the case and told them as best I could that I believed that something was wrong with my brain, three years on and I am still suffering all the symptoms of a brain injury but still the doctors blame my diabetes does anyone know we're I can get information on the subject I have looked at tbi but it only gives info on the brain injury and not anything about how to distinguish between the to, I no 100per cent that before the accident I was a different person but how do I get the doctors to understand and believe me I gave up after awhile but things are so bad now that I need to try again because i need the right help, thank you Michelle

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
What an awful time you've had Michelle, I'm not sure of the answer but you might want to contact the following organisation and see if they can assist you:

https://www.headway.org.uk/home.aspx

Good luck and best wishes.

michelle lilly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you so much today I am going to see a medical expert so maybe he she may help but reguarding insurance claim so I doubt it they prefer to blame the diabetes as it is easier but I live in hope

michelle lilly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you so much today I am going to see a medical expert so maybe he she may help but reguarding insurance claim so I doubt it they prefer to blame the diabetes as it is easier but I live in hope