Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why is blue cheese a sin? I eat loads of it.. :eek: I thought cheese was good for me now... :( I always drink red... and champagne.... and scotch.... and vodka.... ;)
Depends how much of it you eat! Plus how much wine you have with it. Yeasterday was not an everything in moderation day.

Reactions: 5 people

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
9.2 single numbers at last

Reactions: 24 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I have just bought a test meter in the last few days, spent a few hours reading the notes and testing it with the control solution, everything in range by the readings. This morning I went for my daily dog walk 3kms , entirely forgot to do my first test BFG, and had a small breakfast of 60g rolled oats, spoonful of apple sauce (no sugar added, make my own) plus whole fat milk warmed up. Waited a good hour and then did my first test, reading said 219 mg/dl. I live in Thailand and that is the measurement they use here.
Last November the docs here said I had type 2 diabetes, I weighed in at 101 kgs, now mid April and I am 85 kgs, still a bit of weight loss to go, but have binned all the bad foods and eating sensibly. Looks like I may have to say good bye to my oats?, pity as I only eat them about three times a week and always after a bit of exercise.
The only medication I am on is one 500mg metformin tablet daily. Should I really be worried by that very first reading?, do a number of tests before going to see the Docs again. Appreciate all advice.

Billy
Hi Billy... welcome to the forum... :) Your weight loss is brilliant - it must have been hard work... Your first reading is quite high - it must have given you a fright! My meter reads the same way as yours - I use the converter on this site to see what the English version is.. they're not exact, but close enough... your 219 reads as 12.2.... Some of us can tolerate a little porridge, but most add other things to it I think - nuts and seeds etc.... @SableJan makes her own 'muesli' and weighs it out too.... apples - all fruit in fact - spike me, so I just eat berries - strawberries, raspberries and blueberries really - with cream if you're low-carbing.... I think most of us stick to berries - just a handful, with the odd treat... one person posted that they freeze mango in slices and bag it, so that you can have a little without wasting the whole thing... how clever is that? :) I freeze red seedless grapes because I can only eat one or two.. they work really well in drinks too...
If you look back over this thread, you will see a fair number of us have kicked our meds into touch and have relied on eating to our meters and eat a low-carb diet... there are loads of clever people here to help you with anything you need to ask... I think it was BlueTit who said a question is never silly when you don't know the answer.. or something clever like that... :) So just ask away - someone here will be able to help you.... We all learn something all the time...
We have a thread called Low Carb Recipes which has some lovely stuff if you are low caring... I can't imagine eating some of the stuff I used to now.. :) Have you popped into the 'What was your fasting blood glucose in the morning?' thread? We post our fasting numbers every day we can manage to... S.K.S. keeps a log of all our numbers - don't know where the time comes from in such a busy life though.. :) You'll see they are posted regularly... It helps us keep tabs on what our early morning numbers are... I am in serious danger of overloading you here! I will shut up and let someone else tell you about the other stuff.... :) Take care and don't worry... there's always someone here to listen...

Reactions: 14 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Depends how much of it you eat! Plus how much wine you have with it. Yeasterday was not an everything in moderation day.
I should think not either - you needed to replace all that energy you lost running all that way in Brighton... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.8 this morning up too early:rolleyes:. Going to kings for lung function test whezzy already cause no anti histamine or asthma meds until after tests
Good luck Lou... :)

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfortunately not

Am doubled over with stomach cramps, headache and a general feeling that I'm outside my body - all very odd

4 sausages took me from 6.6 to 10.4 (2 hours after) - something isn't right

Have GP appointment for 2.30 tomorrow
Maybe your sausages weren't all pork - maybe they had breadcrumbs or rusk, or whatever they put in them? I hope you feel better, how scary... :( Let us know what the doc says.... take care....

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
9.2 single numbers at last
Well done that lady... :) :singing: It must have been hard work - you deserve it... how's the toe? I do hope it's getting better...

Reactions: 8 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
Maybe your sausages weren't all pork - maybe they had breadcrumbs or rusk, or whatever they put in them? I hope you feel better, how scary... :( Let us know what the doc says.... take care....
My Doc don't know zip about sausages! :)

Reactions: 11 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.6 this morning... but, in my defence, I spent half the day in airports and on planes yesterday...
I only had a Bullet Proof hot chocolate when I finally got home last night.. one of our cats hurt himself just before we arrived home and we had to wait till this morning to take him to the vet... Poor YoYo, he must have fallen from a tree and he's pushed one of his canines into his mouth... he's in hospital now and we're waiting to see what will happen to him... Anxiety pushes your numbers up I know, so I'm trying to eat to keep them right down... :) 5.7 post-lunch... is that ok? No time to do pre-lunch... or breakfast...

Reactions: 14 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Last night went to bed feeling a little odd and very tired.
This morning out of bed at 7 a.m and tested ....
6.1. that's high for me. Strange blotches on my neck very tired went back to bed just got up at 2pm .... red blotches still there feeling very tired tested .....4.5.
But 6.1 this morning .... very high for me after months of fours and fives,

Reactions: 12 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning... but, in my defence, I spent half the day in airports and on planes yesterday...
I only had a Bullet Proof hot chocolate when I finally got home last night.. one of our cats hurt himself just before we arrived home and we had to wait till this morning to take him to the vet... Poor YoYo, he must have fallen from a tree and he's pushed one of his canines into his mouth... he's in hospital now and we're waiting to see what will happen to him... Anxiety pushes your numbers up I know, so I'm trying to eat to keep them right down... :) 5.7 post-lunch... is that ok? No time to do pre-lunch... or breakfast...
Sorry to hear - read canaries first time for yo yo. Hope he gets sorted.

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Last night went to bed feeling a little odd and very tired.
This morning out of bed at 7 a.m and tested ....
6.1. that's high for me. Strange blotches on my neck very tired went back to bed just got up at 2pm .... red blotches still there feeling very tired tested .....4.5.
But 6.1 this morning .... very high for me after months of fours and fives,
Sorry you're feeling not the thing... hope you feel better later... should you call your surgery perhaps? Have you checked your blood-pressure? Maybe you're harbouring a cold or flu..... take care...

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Blood pressure is reasonable I do have a sneezy head but .... ʍoɥ sᴉ sᴉɥ┴ lǝǝɟ I.... won tsuj

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry to hear - read canaries first time for yo yo. Hope he gets sorted.
:p He'd have loved that!! He chases birds all the time... the mynah birds chase him back and try and peck his head... :) serves him right... they think he's a mongoose after eggs and babies, because he's ginger and white with a huge bushy tail... :) The mynahs hate all my pink and white cats... maybe one of them pushed him out of a tree... :eek::) We still haven't heard anything back from the vet, worrying... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Status
Not open for further replies.