Blog - dark side of diabetes!

Stephanie.F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just incase anyone is interested I write a blog on my journey with diabetes and today my post was about the dark side of diabetes if anyone wants to read it the link is - http://wp.me/p5HUmY-W via @wordpressdotcom

Reactions: 9 people

LaineyK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Read your post, so true. You got the feelings down to a tee(mental feelings). Nice blog

Reactions: 4 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
it is a struggle yes, Ihave never had clicking joints however after or during being hyper

you may want to look into this with a DR

toby64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Stephanie,
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, let me see if i can help you a bit with a small piece of info, This year i will have been a diabetic for 54 years, and yes i have had a few small problems, but nothing to be concerned about,. I was 4 years old when i become a type 1, and in some ways that does make it easier for me than any one else that gets it later in life, but with all the research that is going on now, we as diabetics are in the right time for things to be the best they can be, with almost every thing at our finger tips and so many resources available to us, we are very lucky and i tend to have looked at diabetes in a slightly different light but there are a few things that also make me a little different to most, because i have never smoked and also never drank, and i never bow down to peer pressure as i take the attitude this is my body and i will be in control, i am not the doctors best patient because i ask lots of questions for the same reason, this is my body and i will do what i feel that will help me to live the longest without issues. The one thing i use to fall victim to was stress and if i could of worked in an environment that was stress free, i think i would have gone much longer without those few small issues i faced a few years ago, so stress is something that you do really need to manage..Years ago the insulin's would react much slower and you could not get control of your highs and lows as easy as you can now not mention you never had any equipment to let you know what your BSL were, we all now have a lot to be thankful for, Clean living with only good foods going in has done myself the best that i can be, through work accidents and injuries i have had i still do not have clicking joints i feel that this is probably a virus of some sort especially as you have said that you have been feeling tired.
Please try not to blame your diabetes for how you feel and the disappointments that you may have,with a positive attitude you will be surprised at how you may feel for the better, try and be in control, and i feel that i have out lived many of my peers and i have never missed out on what life has had to offer.The old statement is true though life is what you make it.

I hope this may have helped
Best Regards
Toby

Reactions: 2 people