Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
spiteful people, noisy naughty kids
Our Dr has gone to Australia and we have a locum. He was very pleased with the printout from my meter. Especially the last page that said I was 100% in target. So if nurse has a hiss fit I know who to refer her to

Reactions: 5 people

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wow! What do you consider low/what level do you treat for a low blood sugar? I am usually reaching for a piece of chocolate when my blood sugar level is at your average of 4.0! I like to be between 5 and 7 and I start to feel the symptoms of a low at about 4.0
I reach for a chocolate medleys snack bar

sammyc123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Small portions of food and Lord of the rings .
Wow! What do you consider low/what level do you treat for a low blood sugar? I am usually reaching for a piece of chocolate when my blood sugar level is at your average of 4.0! I like to be between 5 and 7 and I start to feel the symptoms of a low at about 4.0
Always aim for between 3.4-5.2...anything lower and I feel hypo.

Lottie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got it done. 40. Was 38 in December. I'm happy, nurse had a hissy fit. She reckons I'm to low and I must have lots of hypos and you drive blah blah. Told her I was aiming for 35 as I left the room..:rolleyes:

SNAP!! That was my last two results also and my nurse said exactly the same thing! What hospital are you in?! Haha, I very very rarely have any hypos!

Reactions: 4 people

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
my meter is a Bayer and because I can do monthly printouts my Dr asks me to drop a month print put now and again. He moans my levels are too low and often prediabetic and I drive too. I don't have hypos but he still moaned.

Reactions: 4 people

sammyc123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes I too start to feel the symptoms at about 4 and always have a Medley snack bar handy
I don't feel symptoms until I am below 3.4....not 4

torheedamy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my latest HbA1c was 8.9 this was from end March 2015 bit high but doctor says that it's better than what i was last year.

DannyBygrave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: What are your H test results?

Hi Darren. By H results, I assume you mean HbA1c? This is one of the key tests and looks at your average blood sugars over 3 months (sort of anyway!) Without wanting to sound picky, this test is measured as a %, NOT in mmol so I wonder if you're getting mixed up? The mmol tests are the one-off blood sugar tests we can do on our meters. It's worth clarifying your results so you can compare properly with other tests in the future and see how you're getting on. My Hba!c was 8.2 when I was diagnosed, but fortuinately down to 5.9 when I was tested 4 months later.
Good luck!

Sorry if I cause any further confusion but I am now also confused, if you say that a Hba1c it is measured in % then why is it when I was not looking after myself mine reached a peak of 146 at one point.?

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
down to 57 from 75 since February

makes me happy but bloods are still eratic so getting put on CGM on June 17

joules

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Autoimmune issues
I had an HB1c at 6.2 last month, however my blood sugars sway between 2.6mmol - 12mmol most days atm - averaging at 6. I am trying to work out the food sensitivities, injection sites, stacking dosage issues and spikes at the moment.

My HB1c of 6.2 is simply an average and means little to me as far as how well controlled I am atm. The doctors always say, "That's amazing, well done". They seem to miss the detail with that reading. It'd be amazing to see the %'s of highs, lows and averages etc as we only get to see the average.

For ideal control, it's vital to write all of the results down along with lifestyle, then analyse what is going on when there's an issue. If those results are nice and steady, then that cool... if not, there's work to do to get it right :woot:

I think we should all get doctorates in Mathematics/Equations personally if we do get it perfect :wacky:

Reactions: 2 people

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have a Bayer meter that I plug into my computer. Go to the Bayer diabetes site and down load my results. I tend to do this monthly. Dr asked to see my log book. I printed out 2 months report. My average is between 5.8 and 6.4mmol. He is very pleased and has graded my diabetes as being in good control. Unlike one of the locums who went spare because I was reading at 5.8mmol. I am happy at those levels

joules

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Autoimmune issues
I have a Bayer meter that I plug into my computer. Go to the Bayer diabetes site and down load my results. I tend to do this monthly. Dr asked to see my log book. I printed out 2 months report. My average is between 5.8 and 6.4mmol. He is very pleased and has graded my diabetes as being in good control. Unlike one of the locums who went spare because I was reading at 5.8mmol. I am happy at those levels
I use the same one i think - "contour next usb"?
It's great though doesn't have an exercise or food type mark, which is a shame. That'd make a huge difference. Maybe in the update...

Your levels are incredible! Well done!!!

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I use the same one i think - "contour next usb"?
It's great though doesn't have an exercise or food type mark, which is a shame. That'd make a huge difference. Maybe in the update...

Your levels are incredible! Well done!!!
Yes mine does have carbs eaten daily exercise and dosages injected

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you for the well done. We go caravanning in June for a week and I will have to drive at 8mmol just in case I get stopped by over zealous coppers

joules

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Autoimmune issues
Ahhh.... and, which one have you got???? Am very very intrigued!!
I meant the type of carbs - low/high glycemic foods would be great!

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ahhh.... and, which one have you got???? Am very very intrigued!!
Like yours a contour next. I scoured the website and managed to get carbs and insulin doses taken. It is all there on the Bayer website. I don't fill in the carbs nor injection doses. I just do the printout that says I am on target range 100%

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Like yours a contour next. I scoured the website and managed to get carbs and insulin doses taken. It is all there on the Bayer website. I don't fill in the carbs nor injection doses. I just do the printout that says I am on target range 100%
My contour next is only a year old so maybe you could ask for an updated one as they are being updated all the time

sammyc123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you for the well done. We go caravanning in June for a week and I will have to drive at 8mmol just in case I get stopped by over zealous coppers
Why do you need to be at 8.0mmol??